Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

inputs required for generating sizing unit based on which hardware upgrade

svalluri23
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

BASIS team wants some inputs from PI technical team to take Sizing Questionaire those are specifying below. Kindly let me know how can i get these details can you give me the navigation for that. The values given below are sample provided by BASIS team.

Throughput - Integration Server

Element Short Description Avg. message size in KB Messages/time Sync. proc. Or Asynch Inbound adapter type Outbound adapter type Integrated Scenario BPM processing Short Text

PI-INT-SRV PI: Advanced sizing for Integration Server 1000 100000 Asynch XI Proxy XI Proxy Yes None SAP to SAP

PI-INT-SRV PI: Advanced sizing for Integration Server 100 200000 Synch XI j2ee XI j2ee Yes None WS request

PI-INT-SRV PI: Advanced sizing for Integration Server 5 500000 Asynch Idoc Idoc No Medium B2B exchange

and

Throughput - Adapter Engine Extended / Non-Central Adapter Engine

Element Short Description Avg. message size in KB Messages/time Sync. proc. Or Asynch Inbound adapter type Outbound adapter type Integrated Scenario Short Text

PI-Adapter PI: Advanced sizing for adapter engine 100 300000 Asynch XI j2ee XI j2ee Yes File to JDBC

PI-Adapter PI: Advanced sizing for adapter engine 500 30000 Asynch 3rd party None No ATP checks local

Thanks & Regards,

Srihari.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

svalluri23
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your support. got required thing.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is something that I don't understand... do you have already interfaces which are operational in prod?

if yes, then you can see this thread: abap program providen by Baskar, with my comments to known the restriction. That's could help you. []

Another way, if you have not implemented the archiving and deletion of successful messages, is to use directly the SXMB_MONI (run it in background in prod).

if no, the only way to estimate the sizing is to get these infos from your Business team:

- numbers of inerfaces

- frequency of each interface

- message size, or file size of each interface (average or forecast)

- if for some flow, you could a peak (like at the end of month for accounting)

with all these infos, try to do an estimation.

regards

mickael

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Srihari,

You need to get all details from your PI land scape(if it already exist) else you need get details from client.

if you are going to implement SAP PI for customer newly then identify number of interfaces need to be developed and how many asynchronous and Sync scenarios,What kind of adapters required.

if it already there then you can go to performance monitoring then get message size details for every interface .

Regards,

Raj