cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOP Batch job has Status=Hold & Reason=Sleep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

One of our SCM 5.0 BOP (BackOrder Processing) batch jobs was running very long. SM50 display showed that the BOP batch job has a Status = Hold and a Reason = Sleep.

I did not see any database tables being accessed nor did I see much changing on the SM50 Detail display execpt in the Database section, the 'Direct Read' and 'Sequential Read' totals were increasing very slowly. This appeared to be the only activity that I could see with this job. I was asuming that maybe the BOP program was performing internal table processing but that is just a guess.

Any reason why a BOP batch job would be in SLEEP mode for a long period sof time?

Thank you for any help that you can give me.

Michael Tylisz

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_thinschmidt
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I suppose you have a quite big data selection from the LC ? Please check if you can split the BOP in several variants. Try the BOP paralellization function. Make sure that the latested BOP notes regarding performance are implemented.

Does this happen for other batch programs as well ?

best regards,

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP has supplied me with a list of various areas to check like RFC performance, CPU, Memory, etc. We are also applying Basis Support Packages to improve LiveCache performance. Thank you for your suggestions in this matter.

Michael Tylisz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael & Veeresh,

So far in the last 2 weeks, we have had 3 of our BOP batch jobs run a lot longer than normal where a lot of time was spent in the Reason=Sleep mode. These 3 BOP jobs were for 3 different warehouses.

Michael,

We do have a lot of our BOP jobs split by material and warehouse location. We never have tried the paralellization function yet. I may look into that option. And we are definitely behind in applying Support Packages so I will look for performance OSS Notes to apply.

Veeresh,

We actually do not have any steps that run after the /SAPAPO/BOP step. It was during the running of report /SAPAPO/BOP where we saw longer than normal runtime. When I looked at the SM50 Detail Display, I saw that in the Database section, we did see the count for Direct Reads and Sequential Reads increase but very slowly. Eventually, the BOP job does finish.

The 'Help' information says that Reason=Sleep indicates a bottleneck with resources.

I have asked SAP if there is anything that we can check to determine where this bottleneck is and with what resources. Currently because of our Black Friday sale, we are monitoring our BOP batch jobs.

Thank you Michael and Veeresh, for your responses. We will see if this situation continues to occur in the next few days.

Michael Tylisz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check if you forgot to trigger any event after the this step. Check live catch consistancy check.

Regards,

Veeresh