cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dealer purchase

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have gone through the net and found that the MRP indicator is there to support this case in SAP but the threads are confusing

suppose i have a PO for 120 rs which includes the excise (not considering other tax for the sake of simplicity)

after GRN we will come to know about the excise part

and in GRN we have only Part1 capturing option not part 2

for part2 we use J1IEX

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As in your case, you have following components in dealer invoice:

Material Price = 100/-

Excise Duty = 13/- (BEDECessSECess)

Margin of Dealer = 5/-

Total =118/-

VAT @2% = 2.36

Grand Total =120.36

So create PO for to Dealer Vendor with Base Price as 118/- by selecting tax code(V1) which is having VAT as 2% ( Total PO value will be 120.36 )

Now go for MIGO directly(as per your excise setting) or MIGO & then in J1IEX, select MRP indicator in miscellaneous tab, Enter Assessable value 105 as in Excise tab Item level and enter the excise values 10 in BED, 2 in ECess , 1 in SECess manually, check all values are correct & save the document.

Do MIRO, use proper tax code(C8) which must be different then PO (a tax code matching of value ieu2026..10 % BED, 2 % ECess , 1 % SECess and 2% VAT) edit base value as 105/- in item level , select calculate tax check box, enter the amount in header as proposed by the system (120.36), simulate & post the document invoice document.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my case the exact values are told after GRN only so Po could not be changes before hand it will done later on.

at the time of GR I am just capturing the Part 1 entry so i understand the account entries are going to be like this since at this point of time the MRP indicaotr will not be marked (please correct me if this is wrong)

so system will not be aware of the fact how much is the excise duty for this material at GRN

entries 120 stock account debit

120 GR/IR credit

as at migo system is not aware of the excise and the MRP indicator will be marked at part 2 only(please correct me)

due to this accounting will go wrong

I am ok with the concept that ultimately i have to change the assesable value at Part 2 whcih will rectify the things

Do I have to mark the mrp indicator at part 1 or part 2 since in my case both take place at different stage

Edited by: Sap: IN on Nov 12, 2011 4:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Select the MRP indicator at Part2 stage

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use a tax code which has a certain excise percentage then MRP indicator will not work properly. You will have to use a tax code where excise is nil

if you are only capturing excise part 1 in migo and there is no excise in the tax code used, you will not be able to do J1iex.

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

as at migo system is not aware of the excise and the MRP indicator will be marked at part 2 only(please correct me)
due to this accounting will go wrong

As per me when you create PO with price which include excise and you said you marked MRP indicator in part2 only

So it will not effect your accounting entries

As you know we have change material price as per accessible value in MIRO,so difference will get reduce or add( depend on condition ) in inventories if you have stock in system,so your accounting will get correct here by system

Regards

kailas Ugale

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you need to capture excise at time of MIGO. check mark the MRP indicator if the tax in 120 is 12, enter base value as108 and excise as 12 .

you can post the captured excise invoice using J1iex ( when it is part 1 J1iexcdtl table will not have any entry, when it is captured, the table will have entry with processing ( or similar ) status.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When GRN is done only part 1 is updated as this is related to Quantity update only.

For value updating we need to do CENVAT posting using J1IEX.

RG23A has two parts, part one Qty part 2 value registers.

For depot sales, RG23D gets updated with both quantity and value in a single step.

For MRP indicateor materials, only RG23A part 1 gets updated after confirming the production order.