cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to undeploy J2EECOR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts:

I mistakenly deployed a J2EECORE patch. I want to revert back to the previous version.

I do not have the exact version , remember it is now:

7.00 SP4 (1000.7.00.6.1. date)

I want to go back to:

7.00 SP4 (1000.7.00.6.0. date)

I go to the "undeployment" tab on SDM but cant identify which to be selected to undeploy.

I appreciate if you can help tell what is the best way to revert?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

HI,

the note number is correct,Its opening for me.try the following link

https://websmp108.sap-ag.de/notes

and search for the note 881234.

with regards,

samarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This note 881234 does exist but is not available :

"The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only ".

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samarth:

Could you please paste the note here or mail to christy.loceque (at) g m a i l dot c o m?

I anyway cannot access it at SMP.

Thanks a lot!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Try focefull JSPM redeployment,refer the note 881234 for forcefull redeployment.

with regards,

samarth j h.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Samarth:

That note 881234 does not exist. Would you please give the right one?

Thanks to all freinds.

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to re-deploye patch 7.00 SP4 (1000.7.00.6.0. date) by using SDM.

In SDM you will get option, deployee any version selecting that method you can deployee the older version patch.

Thanks,

Anil Bhandary

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you cannot undeploy it to previous version. If you will try to undeploy it from SDM then it will undeploy complete J2EECORE patch. Because Java patches are cumulative. Only possibility is system restore that is too file system restore.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of your experts!

Sunny says :

"Only possibility is system restore that is too file system restore."

I also notice that on SDM right panel there are 3 target systems: DB, Config, File system.

My understanding is that any SCA will be deployed to DB as well as config and file systems.

Could you explain the reason why not all content goes to DB , like ABAP stack?

Thanks again.

Regards.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Architecture of As Java and As ABAP systems are different in ABAP where all changes goes to database but same is not true in case of As Java system. While applying patches in As Java system most of the things effected are in file system only.

As far as approach suggested by Anil, i have never tried this approach. So, you can give a try if this work for you.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Re-deploying original patch/version through SDM using those options suggested by Anil will work without any issues. I tried it many times without any problem. I would suggest to take full backup before you attempt this. In worst case, there will be a chance to restore and point-in time recovery.

Good luck.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar