cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EarlyWatch report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have my earlywatch report setup to run weekly. The report has red flag and when I click on it brings up a screen which asks to check few things like:

Go to the Service Data Control Center (transaction SDCCN) in the managed system and check why the data has not been sent.

Typical sources of errors are:

The RFC connection for the SAP Solution Manager system is not working.

The 'Task Processor' background job, which collects the session data, has been changed.

Problems arose while data was being collected (see the detail log for the task that collects the session data).

A periodic 'SDCC Maintenance Package' task has not been scheduled to check whether your SAP Solution Manager system requests session data.

Session number: 0010000002453

The RFC is working fine when I run a test. Task processor job has been running, however when I look at the "Task log" in both solution manager and my Managed system, it shows task failed. "Task not found. Deleted or status not "To do", ending task processor".

I also looked in the joblog for this job "/BDL/TASK_PROCESSPR which shows same error.

What am I missing here? when I run the report on demand, it runs fine and returns data. Does the "Maintenance package need to run on both solman and managed system? I have it running on solman only. Please let me know if you have experienced this? thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

spalc
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sadat,

Fix the problem by deactivating and reactivating the SDCCN task processor:

SDCCN->GoTo->Settings->Task Processor->Change Settings->Deactivate-> Set Defaults- Activate

possible reason : some refresh sessions tasks could not be performed because there is no RFC connection related to an old solman in SDCCN. If these tasks are old and no longer needed, delete them.

regards, jean

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you please review my wiki article on this error here:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/x/SAObDQ

This covers off most the causes, so please go through it carefully.

Keep in mind this may be due to a problem with the service session on Solution Manager too, so you need to see if you can open the session in transaction DSA....you can get the session number by clicking on the link for the EWAwith the red flag.

Open the session means opening it so you can see the details in the session.

I am just mentioning this one specifically as it tends to be the one possibility that is always overlooked.

IYou should be able to find where the process has failed by following the Wiki article.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

thank you for the information. I have checked the items listed on your Wiki paper, however, don't encounter same or similar error. As I mentioned, the report runs fine when I run it on demand (start now). It only has red flag when it runs on schedule which is quiet different problem than I have read other people having.

What I observe in the log which is different from running it on demand vs. scheduled is that the log shows:

>>--> Ending Task Processor[Now]... SDCC

>>>>Task not found. Deleted or status not "To do"

>>>>Task processor started [Now]

when I run on demand log shows:

>>>>Request session data completed

>>>>Request session data started

>>>>Task processor started [Now]

>>>>Task scheduled with job: /BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR0000000350 [Now]

Is there any task that needs to be scheduled which I might be missing. Here is what I have scheduled:

/BDL/TASK_PROCESSOR runs hourly in both solman and the managed system.

The log in sm37 in managed system shows the job finished but with erorr:

Error: Task not found. Deleted or status not "To d o"

However, log for same job in solman is ok. Any other ideas?? thanks

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sadat,

Okay, it helps to be as specific at possible. What are you starting on demand?

If you follow best practices you should have two periodic jobs scheduled in SDCCN on the managed system on the To do tab

They are:

Sevice Preparation Check

Maintenance Package

Now the Service Preparation Check runs monthly and really does an RTCCTOOL to help ensure the system is maintained for service. It is the Maintenance Package that is the automating task. But it it fails, it doesn't do the balance of the tasks it performs and automation is, well broken.

So when you say you are Activating the task, it now becomes importan to know the task's name?

Is it "EarlyWatch Alert for Solution Manager". Is it "Refresh Sessions"?

What should happen is the Maintenance package should run, it should run a Refresh Defintions task, then a Refresh Session Task, then an EarlyWatch Alert Task, but all that should be scheduled in the system are the two tasks:

Sevice Preparation Check

Maintenance Package

Don't get focused on the Task Log Tab for now, tasks are running, but something is interfering in the task flow, a failure at some point..

In the To Do tab, can you please name the tasks you have scheduled to run as periodic tasks. Can you name the task that you need to Activate now to get the session data sent to Solman and the red flag addressed, and the session processed in SM:EXEC SERVICES and rated.

This why I can try to assis tyou figure out where the process is failing.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, in my solman I have two tasks in "To do": Maintenance package (runs daily) and Service preparation check (runs monthly).

In my prod (managed sys) I show: "EarlyWatch Alert for solution manager" (runs once) tasks and Service preparation Check (runs monthly).

What I meant by "on demand" is that when I create a solution manually and run choosing "now" the task refresh session and the EarlyWatch session in the managed system. Then, in solman I choose the earlywatch session I created and start it out of schedule by choosing "start service peraperation". In this case, SM:EXEC SERVICES runs and I get a report and no red flag, the report has data/input.

one clue is that when I notice the red flag on the solution alert I click on "call service data control center" which tries to connect to my managed system in order to call sdccn, but it can't connect. Instead it indicates " you're not authorized to execute transaction SDCCN" which I think it's because of my id which has limitted auth in the managed sys which is trying to run this tcode, but I thought I add this here in case. Also, I do have my RFC's working properly and set as "trusted system on both end and tested fine. Hope this helps, thanks.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you can rung the refresh session task on the managed system and it send the data to Solution Manager ( red flag changes to 2 flasks, sm:EXEC services runs EWA is processed). This means the infrstucture is sound and that the Maintenance Package task is encountering an error, as it kicks of the Refresh Defintions task and the Refresh Session Task, much like the refresh session task will kick of an EWA task ( if there is an unprocessed session on Solman for it.

So you want to view the log fo rthe Maintenace Package Task (not the task processor log).

I can tell you 100% if you can generate the EWA by just manually running a Refresh Session Task (not Solution), and the only

tasks you have scheduled in SDCCN are the Service Preparation task and the Maintenance Package task, then with certainty the Maintenance PAckage task is failing. You need to review its log and determine why to address it.

What might help is to know it is going to try and refresh service defintions. IS the RFC SDCC_OSS functioning? If not the Maintenance package task will not kick off the dependant tasks......and this may not be noticable as such in the log.

Also inspect what is defined in SDCCN >Settingds > Task Specifc > RFC Destinations. The reason the refresh session task will try and refresh from all RFC destinatiosn listed here, and again if one is defined and it fails, the EWA can remain red flagged.

When you run the task manually, you specify the one RFC and that is a difference. But the automation of the EWA is dependant upon the the Maintenance package encountering no errors as this break the automation.

I thinkl you have proven this is the case. Now comes the task of determining why. I think I have provied a few hints that may help

One thing I see people do, that is not a best practice, is when they have a similar issue, rather than fix it, the make the refresh session task a periodic task. The reason this is not a good idea is if there are new service defintions, they won't be loaded to the managed system and the resulting EWA may be erroneous becuase of it. So I advise finding the problem to resolve.

Regards,

Paul