Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indentifying Manually maintained org levels at object level

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to identify manually maintained org levels at regular object level field levels. We are in the process of changing some Org levels to regular field levels and we need to identify the corrupted values. As the this change would over write the values. Is there a easier way to identify the roles that are corrupted so we could fix them before we make the change

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check [this report|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/QAMetricsforRoleDesign] and value in column NO_MORG.

Cheers

9 REPLIES 9

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Nafees,

Not sure if this is what you are asking but if you want to differentiate between the fields values added manually v/s the field values maintained through Organizational Levels button in PFCG, you can look at the AGR_1251 table, Values maintained through the Organizational Levels button will not appear as values but signs e.g. $PERSA, $PERSG, $PERSK where as manually maintained values will appear as values.

0 Kudos

I was able to compare 1251 with 1252 to see the differences. What would be the best way to correct them., i want these role to have org fields maintained at Org level.

0 Kudos

Nafees,

You will have to open each role in PFCG, expand all the objects, go to the field (org field) - you will notice that the fields maintained through the Organizational Level button will not have the Delete Button where as the manually maintained fields will have the Delete button.

Hit Delete Button, the values will revert to the ones maintained via Organizational Levels button.

Please share if it worked for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no report for this prior check, so you will have to go digging in tables...

Note: You should / can only demote org-level fields which you have prior promoted or created as org fields!

So... look in USORG for the org-fields list and then obtain a list of the org-fields from USOBT (SU22 SAP proposals). Those in USORG which SAP never used in proposals for objects using the fields are free game for you to demote.

So you now have a subset of the USORG list. Enter that as select options into AGR_1251 (not 1252) where the field FIELD = the list and search for the entries where field MODIFIED = 'M'. Alternately you can search for the field LOW where it does not start with the prefix '$', which means it was modified in the authorizations tab and not the org-level dialog.

It generally makes sense to check that SU22 has not been modified, also in the target (production) systems. You should never do this (even if some SAP notes might suggest it to you). Only maintain SU24 and then use the Su25 upgrade tools.

Cheers,

Julius

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check [this report|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Security/QAMetricsforRoleDesign] and value in column NO_MORG.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Yes, changing org-fields is bad but supported, but in this case the OP is only looking for those org-fields which are changed and can be demoted and which also are earmarked for demotion.

What you are looking for is an org-field optimization analysis report. Which fields should be demoted to decrease the number of roles and which fields can be promoted to ease the field maintenance.

There is no report for that which is available. You have to go worming around in the tables and know the design of the roles.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Please have a look at note [SAP Note 1624104 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1624104]. The report PFCG_ORGFIELD_ROLES can identify roles with manually changed org.-fields (I understand that the OP searches for manually manitained orgfields.)

Cleanup as per [SAP Note 314513 |https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/314513]

b.rgds, Bernhard

0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing the snote. That would help in get rid of joining USORG and AGR_1251 and then further excel work!

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Thanks you all for the replies. We are in the process of deleting or demoting some org values to regular field values. I understand we have run PFCG_ORGFIELD_DELETE and this changes the values back to original values. I am fixing the org values as the first part of the process. Please let me know if you guys had a change to do this process and is there anything that I need to watch out for while doing this change.