cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How system updating the delivery dates in sale order schedule line

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

i created a sales order with 2 line items. For the first line item the confirmed delivery date in the schedule line is 06.02.2012 and for the second line item the confirmed delivery date in the schedule line is 14.02.2012 . Both the line items are third party items and the PR created against the line items in the sales order .

We created the PO with reference to the PR of the SO and we find there are different delivery dates coming in the PO document for the 2 line items . For the first line item the delivery date is coming as 14.11.2011 and for the second line item in the PO , the delivery date coming as 11.11.2011 . Firstly we are not understanding from where the delivery dates are picking in the PO.

Secondly , once we saved the Purchase order and once we come back to the sales order , the schedule line dates are getting changed automatically in the sales order . For the first line item in the sales order the delivery date is changing to 22.11.2011 and for the second line item in the sales order the delivery date is changing to 22.11.2011.

Now my question , is from where the delivery dates are updating in the Purchase order and once we save the purchase order how the delivery dates in the schedule line are getting changed .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member634038
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

How is the PR triggered automatically, as per what I know, if the Third party set up is already done then instead of checking the in house stock it will auto create PR on SAVE of Sales order.

If this is related to Transfer of requirement then it will update the stock but it will not confirm that particular Sales Order, let me know if this is correct. Thanks!

mohan_goru
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear,

While we are creating the sales order the line item in the sales order Transfer the requirement in MRP 2 screen in material master if the material is available it will deliver by calculating the transit days, Of the material is not available it will automatically trigger the PR by seeing the pr will convert into PO if it is in house production the PP will come into picture if it is external then MM will come into picture

There it will calculate the replenishment lead time and total processing days

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge while creating the sale order if the stock is not available it will consider the material In-house production and GR Processing Time from the material master MRP2 view.Once the PO has been created for the requirement as per the PO schedule lines it is re determining the sale order schedule lines.

Regards

Ram

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now my question , is from where the delivery dates are updating in the Purchase order and once we save the purchase order how the delivery dates in the schedule line are getting changed .

For third party processing, the delivery dates are updated in the purchase order based on the settings in the field Planned delivery time in the MRP2 view of the material master(defined in purchase info record in t.code ME11/ME12) and purchasing processing time defined in t.code OMEW. This means, since the date of PO created, it will take the days mentioned in the planned delivery time field and purchasing processing times to determine the delivery date, which will be copied into the sales order as delivery date. In your case, the purchase order delivery date is not copied into the sales order, hence you may need to check OSS note. How the PO is handled? Any confirmation control functionality is used?

Regards,