Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The G/L ACCOUNT field by default

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am running cj20n,I added material to that activity,I able to create material . The G/L ACCOUNT field in material is filled manually.

I want this field by default.For this, is there any configeration ? Could you please answer me.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Work with your MM and FICO consultants to have suitable valuation classes and assign correctly in MM01 (material Master) Accounting 1 tab.

Reg/ Tony

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is maintained in the material master data, provided you are creating materials with item category 'L' i.e. stock/ indexed material. There are various posts relating to this. You may search the MM forum or ask your MM team to assist further.

Regards,

Ammar

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This GL is derived from the OBYC settings maintained in the system with reference to the valuation modifier for the valuation class maintained in accounting view of the material .

Take help from your MM and FI person to do the same

regards,

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep. In OBYC settings are o.k. eventhough i am not getting G/L account by default.Is there any other configeration? please help me

Thank you

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no any other config.

Ask you MM consultant to chek the material master Account views with correct valuation class.

Ask your FI consultant to maintain the OBYS setting properly - BSX with inventory account (stastical cost element created) and GBB > VBR with consumption a/c

regrads,

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi pradeep. In OBYC settings are o.k. eventhough i am not getting G/L account by default.Is there any other configeration? please help me

> Thank you

Are you talking about GL for external services / service activity, then please maintain it in the network profile, which you can default it.

If you need to default GL for Text material / non stock item (without material master) then maintain valuation class in OMQW. then GL will default by maintaining material group for these text materials.

Hope as advised by others you have already maintained OBYC settings for each valuation class.

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Transaction OMQW also not effecting ,please tell any other

thnak you

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Khader,this problem is coming from material ,In ACCOUNTING 1 tab of material we normally maintaining VALUATION CLASS only. but in this ACCOUNTING 1 tab VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK also maintained. After removing this my problem solved.

But i want to know , where we can do settings for VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK in PS ?Please help me .

thank you

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Press F1 on the field you will get the answer when to maintain this field.

Valuation Class for Project Stock

Default value for the valuation class for valuated project stocks of the material.

Use

You need specify a valuation class here only if you want to assign a different valuation class to this type of stock than that assigned to other valuated stocks of the material. This makes it possible to define other allowed G/L accounts for these stocks.

If you want to maintain this filed "Valuation Class for Project Stock" alongwith the valuation class lthen for this valuation class (for project stock) also you have to maintain the OBYC setting with defined GL.

regards,

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

, where we can do settings for VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK in PS ?

There is no setting in PS for Valuation Class. It is only in MM/FI (OBYC).

The purpose of separate valuation class for project stock is to record these values under a separate GL and also you can create a statistical cost element for this GL to control PS Budget.

Since Valuated Project Stocks are valuated separately in the system there is no harm in using the common valuation class. It is all depends on the business decision.

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi khadar,In IDES,

I maintained both VALUATION CLASS(7900) & VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK (7910) in ACCOUNTING 1 tab of material master data. And i am able to getting G/L account tab by default in material for project. In real time i am unableto get same by maintaning both fields.After removing the field of VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK (7910) only i am getting G/L account tab by default in material for project. plese tell me where i have to check.

thank you

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

we need tick the indicator as valuated stock in project profile. Please check that whether it is there or not.

Thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

plese tell me where i have to check.

Enter transaction code OBYC

Double Click on Inventory Posting - BSX

Check the valuation class and find out the corresponding GL.

Also In Transaction KA03 Enter the GL number and check whether statistical cost element for this GL has been created or not.

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vengaiah,as per your sggestion after checking VALUATED STOCK in project i am gettinng slved.But my client project is NON-VALUATED STOCK project. if he changed to VALUATED STOCK,he has to face problems. If he removed VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK in material master data.than also he will face problems. Can you suggst me this situation.

thank you

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

H.i, As above mentioned,all the materials which are using by my client are maintained with VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK(7902) along with VALUATION CLASS .SO It is not possible to remove this field. But after changing NOVALUATED STOCK to VALUATED STOCK g/l account coming by default(QUALITY) .Once project is saved project stock become display mode.so it is not possible to change in production. this project was created in last year and it was chanegd on 4/11/11 by user. based on this information,please tell the way how i can g/l account no. bydefault in material in project

thank you

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Maintain OBYC setting BSX (by creating statistical cost element) and GBB > VBR for your VALUATION CLASS FOR PROJECT STOCK(7902). Now system will fill GL automatically when you assign the new material.

For the already assigned materials system will not change the GL assignments.

regards,

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

HI Vengaiah, I found the answer. Actually problem with OME9 transaction.here we will assign ACCOUNT MODIFIER like VBR, ZCR.Here my account modifier is ZCR. In OBYC, For ZCR valuation class,7900, only assign, Sothat i took ZOV which is having both 7900&7901.than i mentioned ZOV in OME9 for project stock. so my problem solved.

My qestion is, in ome9 there are 3 fields (1. project stock 2.network 3.wbs stock we are maintaining) how & which field system taking by default. what settings we have to do?

thank you

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are using valuated project stock (also item category "L" while assigning materials to activity) then "Q" - Proj. make-to-order.

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul.

i am using non-valuated project stock (item category "N" while assigning materials to activity) then which will take? thank you

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use "N" - Network

Hope the PR also showing account assignment "N"

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul ,

My system taking Q ,project stock, automatically. why not others. where we are maintaining settings.Please reply me.

Thank you

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul ,

> My system taking Q ,project stock, automatically. why not others. where we are maintaining settings.Please reply me.

> Thank you

It is depends on your Procurement Indicator and also the radio button in the project definition under project stock on the control tab.

hemu_katta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

My problem solved.

Thank you

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abdul,

> My problem solved.

> Thank you

Please close the thread.

If you find something else other the one discussed here to solve your issue, please post it here for forum users' benefit.