cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while Transporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MDM is configured as Business System in few scenarios and Business Component in few other scenarios. When I Transport Configuration Scenario from DEV to QAS, I don't get any problem when I transfer scenarios where it is configured as Business Component

However when I transfer scenarios where MDM is configures as a Business System, I get errors. There is no Transport target for them in QAS as the Business system name is same in both Dev and QAS. I created two groups and the groups don't allow to add one Business system to be added in both.

How do I overcome this? Should I re create all the scenarios using Business system again with Business component

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to declare the MDM system in QAS's SLD with a different suffix (eg. MDM_QAS), and set it as a trasport target of MDM_DEV system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For that, I need to create the Business system also, right? So I have to create a new business system in SLD, add to the group as transport target? And when I create, do I have to create a new Technical system also for MDM?

There exists a Business Component, will my scenarios work if I configure them again using the MDM busines component instead of MDM business system?

Which is the best way?

Regards

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

simple approach don't use Business system for MDM system and use Business component only,change ID configuration and point all MDM scenarios to Business component,it avoids problems in future.

or

if you want to use Business System and Business component for MDM scenarios then create Business System in Quality too with same name or different name and assign QAS MDM business system as a transport target.

But this approach is unnecessary just avoid it.

Regards,

Raj

Answers (0)