Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading PDF using File adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I went through the blog

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/31/xi-read-data-from-pdf-file-in-sender-adapter to read from PDF. Also I have got all the jar files reqd. I dont know how to proceed. Can you pls help me out. Where I have to deploy the jar files add where I need to use this code?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

If your requirement is just to transfer a PDF document from one file system to another without any transformation,then probably u can follow these steps, else if you can explain your scenario,it would be helpful.

Do the folllowing:

1. Create a dummy Data Type.

2. Create a Message Type for the Data Type of step 1.

3. Create the outboundand and inbound message interaces using the Message Type of step 2.

4. No Message amd Inteface Mapping is required.

5. In Configuration , create a Receiver Determination, Interface Determination , Sender and Receiver Agreement as usual. But when it comes to Interface Determination, there dont specify any INTERFACE MAPPING.

Regards,

Abhy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhy,

I need to read data from the pdf document and convert it into XML for further processing.

Thanks & Regards,

Jai Shankar.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If so, use the adpter modules in the sender side to do the same.

In the adpater modules, you can read the data from pdf document and convert specific to your structure and then do the mapping etc

To know about Adapter modules-

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/3bdc14e1-0901-0010-b5a9-a01...

Regards,

Moorthy

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jai,

Like pointed out by moorthy, you need to deploy to create an Adapter Module for the sender File adapter.

Just comibine the blog you have and the How to develop Adapter Module doc given by moorhty and created your module Archive and then deploy this on your J2EE engine and call the same in your file adapter in the modules section do read content from the PDF into your XML.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member206604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out this thread, it has the adapter module code for converting PDF into XML

Thanks,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check this blog also..

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/31/xi-read-data-from-pdf-file-in-sender-adapter

Sekhar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moorthy
Active Contributor