cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

311 Movement Type not in Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

At present, we have different storage locations within a plant maintained by different departments like operations and projects. And so, we have made the derivation strategy based on storage locations.

But now, when we make an 311 inter-plant movement, say from the operations storage location to the projects storage location, we want to the budget too to be transfered accordingly.

In this case, there is no hit in the Funds Management module at all. Can anyone suggest as to how the linkage to funds management can be made in case of a 311 transfer posting ? The 301 and 309 transfer postings are getting properly linked to Funds Management.

Thanks,

Wy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe, the reason why 311 is not taken by budget control is due to its definition of statistical relevance (OMJJ transaction). It's defined with code '3' (no document evaluation), while other codes that you mentioned are defined with code '2'.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the reply !!! Helpful as ever !!!

Just one more doubt - do not want to add on to the already existing deluge of threads that I have created

I do not want order settlement process to be accounted for in Funds Management. So what I did was to exclude business transactions "Order Settlement" and "Actual IAA Order Settlement" from Integration with Cost and Project Controlling. But still, when I tried settling an order, the FMDERIVE was triggered and budgets were transfered from the sending order's FC to the receiving order's FC.

Can you kindly suggest where I may have gone wrong ?

Thanks and Regards,

Wy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Excluding business transaction should do it, normally... Of course, there are other ways to handle this (i.e. deriving dummy commitment item on a business transaction of settlement), but integration customization should also work. You can try checking with OSS...

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

We ran a trace after removing the Order Settlement from the list of CO transactions, and we found that the transaction type is RFBU - FI Posting (which was not present in the list of CO Transaction type). I am not sure if this is the standard transaction tye for Internal Order Settlement.

We have now mapped document type AA and transaction type 120 to dummy FC and CI (as was your suggestion), and have not faced any issues so far (Hopefully, never at all)

Thanks a lot for your inputs.

Regards,Wy

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I see... I thought you are speaking of IO settlement between CO objects. In your case, it's about settlement to an asset, right? In this case, it's not exclusively CO transaction as it generates FI document. Therefore, only with derivation tool you could manage it. I'm glad your problem is solved...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

we have the same issue with 311 mvt. We also need to link this mvt with FM postings. We've done statistical relev = "3" in OMJJ for 311 mvt but still don't see FM postings during MIGO with this mvt. Is it standard SAP solution for visibility 311 mvt to FM? Thank you for any comments.

Answers (0)