cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Login - Administrator SAP-System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey folks,

i freshly installed a NWPI7.3. Now i tried to logon to ABAP using SAP Logon, but for some reason i cannot logon with the admin account.

<sapsid>adm - & password provided during installation doesn't work for me

I used the SAP* account to logon my system. With SU01 i tried to search for the admin account, but i got the following system message:

User <sapsid>adm does not exist.

Can someone help me? Is there a transaction, which lists all existing users?

Thanks & best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get this details in SUIM click on the drop down to search for users--- complex selection criteria.In user tab put "*" and click on execute, you will get all the list of users existing in that system. In the same screen where you can see the list of the users, click on "Roles" tab you will get all the roles assigned to the respective users with validity date.

Or Check table AGR_USERS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your solution.

Now, i see the table and i only have 5 Users.

DDIC - maintenance user for the ABAP Dictionary

J2EE_ADMIN - admin user for java as

J2EE_GUEST - guest user & locked

SAP* - emergency user / System superuser

SAPJSF - RFC communication user

What about my <sapsid>adm user? I created this user during the installation & thought this is my admin user for sap logon?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> What about my <sapsid>adm user? I created this user during the installation & thought this is my admin user for sap logon?

No. The sapadm user is the user of the sap system on OS. That means the sap system uses this user for accessing the file system of the OS. You can use this user also to access the OS, then you have the same rights.

This user is not available inside the sap system, neither on abap, nor on java stack.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhh, i see. Is it advisable to create a custom admin user for apab stack or can i use the sap* user for daily admin usage?

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a user for each person working with this system and give admin rights for all personss with administrative tasks.

You should never work with a generic user in a sap system, expect of an emergency.

Answers (0)