SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

registration classification

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm trying to understand the "registration classification" concept.

In F1 help text, system says, this data is for special regulation/application in registration process.

But this definiton doesn't make any sense to me. Can someone help me where and how can I use this data?

What stuation should I consider in customizing settings?

Or any sample of how to use?

Thanx ,

B.R.

1 REPLY 1

silke_jakobi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi B.R.,

the registration classification is a optional field (drop down list) which could be used in registration process. I you want to use it you have to maintain the activity 'Set Up Registration Classifications' in IMG.

In this activity, you define the registration classifications. A registration classification describes a special classification of registration or a registration supplement, such as a special regulation that applies to a specific program within the registration period.

When you register a student to a program and this contains a sessional registration, you can assign the classifications you define here.

The registration classification is stored in the infotype Sessional Registration (1771). It therefore refers only to the chosen registration period and program.

From the busines case of view you use registration classification if you additionally would like to classify a sessional registration, e.g. Standard, First time registration, Transfering.

Regards,

Silke