cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error importing Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I 'm trying to import an repository schema to a newly created repository, but i'm encountering with an error stating "there are problems with the transport(xml) file which prevent it from being processed".

could anyone suggest solution for it.

thankyou

vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

As stated by Nihal,Please Check and repair the rep. ad fellow the below steps.

1.frist check and repair the source and terget rep.

2.if errors are there repaire them.

3.if u r transporting it manually Please check the dependent items.i.e.lookup,schemas etc.

4.Using CTS+ check the versions target,source file and changes done from perivous version.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanker,

I am totally trying to export the shema of an running repository to a newly created repository which has default fields and tables alone.. Is that required to check CTS+ for new one?

thankyou

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Please check the autority of the user who is extracting the xml.

Also check the xml in the xml editor,which can give hint where(segment) is the issue.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

If your are using the CTS+ for newly created rep.Please check the steps you need to take before transporting schema.

Please refere to MDM Transport Operations section in rep. Administration of Console.

regards

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

User is myself(Admin) with full access and i checked xml file also but couldn't find out where error happens..

thanks

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shanker,

I am not using CTS+, iam trying out with schema migration only..

thanks

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I am not really sure why is this happening but I can suggest few things you can try-

->Try changing the location of the file where you are saving xml.

->Open xml with an editor and try to review the error

->Mount/unmount the repository and try again.

Please let me know the results.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried to import xml schema of other repositories and i'm successful in that, but for the specific repository which i chose, i am not able to import the schema of that one to any repositories.. i tried saving schema in some other location, mounting and unmounting, checked for errord in xml file.. but nothing works out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Are you trying to create new repository using schema transport?

I mean do you have basic structure ready for the current repository in place or do you wish to create many fields and tables this way?

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I have already created a new repositoy and it has its own default tables. I have taken the schema of another repository which has many new fields. when i try to import that schema to the newly created repository i'm encountering with the same error "there are problems with transport(xml) file which prevent it from being processed". Even after trying out with all above suggestions i am again encountering with same error.

thanks

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Try exporting the same repositories schema and import the same but dont accept all,just check if it is accepting the schema or not.

I found a thread which says you cannoy create a repository with schema file:

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried to exporting the repository schema and importing the same, but it gives the same error. The link you mentioned in the earlier reply gives some information, but fails to provide solution.. could u suggest some other solution.

thankyou

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Look into detailed MDS,that exactly where the operation fails,so that we can look into that segment.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

The suggestions you provided were quiet useful, but i couldn't get to the solution or identify where the error is.. If you dont mind could you give me your personal id and no.. That i can get some clear idea..

Thanks

vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

I am happy to be of some help

Kindly get my mail details from my business card as we cannot post it here.

Thanks,

Ravi

former_member188878
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Also check the Logs and reports to get some idea about the erros.

reg

shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinoth,

Please refer to SAP Note 1545667,this sounds a bit similar.This talks about 2 ways to solve the issue,the 3rd way can be what I suggested in my mail.

Please revert with findings.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Verify the repository before you export the schema . If there are any errors then repair the same and then export the schema . Then import this schema.

Regards

Nisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisha,

I checked and repaired the source repository and then exported the schema and when i tried to import that to the newly created repository i am getting the same error as "there are problems with transport xml file.."