cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA System Registration at SMP?

former_member203134
Participant
0 Kudos

We are running HANA 1.0 SPS02 Rev.16. Got two installation numbers from SAP, one named 'NetWeaver', other 'BusinessObjects'.

However, when trying to register the system at SMP, I am not able to see a u2018HANAu2019 system available under u2018Productu2019 drop down. Subsequent registration also hard stops here.

Product is mandatory, so I need select at least one. No HANA or MaxDB listed here! For the hack of it, I select NetWeaver, as the installation itself describes it as NetWeaver:

However, there is no HANA in product version too. Product of HANA/ MaxDB itself missing in the above selection combo.

if I just select SAP HANA Database, it says select database is not the part of the contract!

When contacted SAP, they said use MaxDB instead! Of course, MaxDB shown valid, but even after selecting it, the issue of what should be selected in 'Product' is not answered.

Question is how do we register the HANA (SID: HAN), and request the permanent license key?? Please advise.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Go to the link below and choose option "Create System ID for non-SAP Technology based Solutions"

https://service.sap.com/licensekeys

Tomas

former_member203134
Participant
0 Kudos

Tomas,

You are a lifesaver! It worked! I could register our HANA on SMP now.

Just one clarification. When i go ahead using the newly created HANA SID, requesting for permanent license keys, it says warning "No licenses have been requested for this system."

I think there are contradictory statements about the license application. The HANA vendor said, the license application is between the client and SAP (as was in BWA), and vendor do not install any licenses during the first setup.

Whereas at the partner boot camp, I got the hints that hardware vendor will implement the license, though the key itself would be provided by client, in turn obtained from SAP.

Other statement (I read somewhere), you dont need to apply any licenses on HANA! SLICENSE is not applicable here, so not even a hardware specific key needed?

Any clarification?

tomas-krojzl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP HANA appliance is bought and paid by customer - therefore customer is paying and owning the license. But there is no problem if someone else will be "filling the information" in SAP Market Place on behalf of the customer and then installing it on the server (as long as everyone will agree to this approach).

For the last statement - information that SAP HANA has license came out with SP03 (in prior guides this information was not published). The license function in SAP HANA was probably from the beginning but "expiration" was disabled - so no one had to install license. Starting from SP03 there is step in installation guide to install license with description what will happen if this license will expire.

Hope I explained.

Tomas

former_member203134
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes you explained it! As I understood, standing on HANA 1.0 SPs02, we need not apply any licenses, though when upgrade to SPS03, there may be a prompt for license.