cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Early WatchHealth Check Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am trying to generated SAP Early Watch Health Check Report from my dual stack system but the JAva data are not populated. On the other hand, the JAva data are populated in EWA report.

Does SAP Health Check Report not support Java data?

Thank you so much,

Mari

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

You know, I noticed that the Workload Analysis is not showing the data about JAVA side. I have already set up the Extractor FWK jobs but that configuration didn't help the issue.

Any clue?

Tks,

Mari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

>

> I am trying to generated SAP Early Watch Health Check Report from my dual stack system but the JAva data are not populated. On the other hand, the JAva data are populated in EWA report.

>

> Does SAP Health Check Report not support Java data?

>

> Thank you so much,

> Mari

Hello Mari

What is the contract type that you have with SAP ? Are you a PSLE customer or just a ES customer ?

If you are not PSLE customer then the EWA heathcheck report is not available for you as a self service. You can order one from SAP. In addition you should be EWA certified to do this check on your own.

More details can be found on : http://service.sap.com/supportofferings

Regards

Amit

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I haave a dual stack Solution Manager system. The EA reports fine on both ABAP and Java, so I have Java data in my EWA reports.

When I create an Earlywatch HEalth Check Service session, I see the section "Definition of System SLM in SMSY" and I see teh Application Server ABAP Stach and Application Server Java Stack, both checked as relevent. Under the section "Servers in current Landscape" I see both ABAP and JAva checked. So this system is clarly identified in the EWHC as a dual stack system.

What I do not see in the service session are any Java checks that I would see in the EWA report. I mean I am not seeing it in the structure of the service session. This would indicate to me the the checks are not done, as opposed to data missing. If the data was missing the place to contain the data would be there, and its not in the structure.

I performed the same on a Solution Manager 7.1 system, and have the same results, no Java

Again, beause I do not see the tree structure in the service session having any nodes for Java data that are just empty, this does not look like missing data, but looks like it is not reported intentionally.

Perhaps someone who deliivers this service on a regular basis can add their input, or a developer, but based on my testing, on a dulal stack system, where the EWA reports Java data, I cannot see that the Java data is even being considered, or it would have a place int eh session tree of the Earlywatch Health Check, and would have entries int eh tree that would be grey if it was just missing. Additionally it is reporting a Java and ABAP stack, so it does know there is a Java stack. Based on this, it would seem the EWHC does not report on Java.

Unfortunately I do not have a java only stack system in my landscape, as it would be interesting to see what this service would report on a Java only system. Should the report generate no data and the Session not initilaize of just have no nodes, then you could say for certain. Unfortunately I do not know this for certain and can only draw conclusions based on the test I performed on my two test Solution Manager systems . One being 7.0 EHP1 SP 27 and the other 7.1 SP03.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I am trying to generated SAP Early Watch Health Check Report from my dual stack system but the JAva data are not populated. On the other hand, the JAva data are populated in EWA report.

>

> Does SAP Health Check Report not support Java data?

This is strange, see if someone from SAP (Paul Babier) might be able to help you.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the EWA report for Java stack you must install SMD.

check out this note Note 976054 - Availability of EWA for Non ABAP components

and check out these areas for more https://service.sap.com/diagnostics and http://service.sap.com/ewa

some more from help.sap http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/fd/58e7743e694b72a8f4586cab20e051/frameset.htm

Please check it out

Thanks,

Jansi