cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External planning buckets profile < Z_ XX > is not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement where planner wants a additional Quarterly Fiscal period view in DATA VIEW. Orginally they are using Fiscal periods (have Z1 fiscal variant which based on fiscal periods). So in planning area also, storage bucket profile has Z1 has a fiscal variant.

To meet this requirement I created another fiscal variant ZQ for dividing year in four quarters. I am also able to create a new time bucket profile based on Quarterly fiscal period.

Now when I am creating new data view, I am not able to see the newly created time bucket profile if you go through the search, & when I put directly the time bucket profile in TB profile ID(future), I am getting a message

"External planning buckets profile < Z_ XX > is not valid"

"Message no. /SAPAPO/SDP_PI026"

Still if I go with this creating data view with this time bucket profile. it is working fine & giving me the result which we need it for this requirement.

But I want to understand this message. I tried to search on this & got some information that it is related to some field length which I checked in our system , & fine.

If anyone had similar issue, or have any information, would appreciate.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member209769
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant, I can only make a guess. When you use Z1 in the Storage bucket profile, then planning area gets the information regarding your custom periods. This Storage bucket profile is the level at which you store your data in APO, so you are storing the data at the custom period level.

Creation of the time bucket profile based on another FYV ZQ doesn't show any issue, but when you are trying to use this time bucket profile containing ZQ (unknown to the planning area which is only aware of custom periods), there is a mismatch in being able to display the data as per your custom quarterly period. So, system throws you some kind of warning.

Could be considered as a bug that could be improved by SAP, but generally as far as I know, we would use the same FYV in time bucket profile what has been used in Storage bucket profile.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

.The information message is due to Time bucket profile is not suitable or appropriate to storage bucket profile .

i.e for example in time bucket profile you maintained the periodicity year (Y),but your storage bucket profile contains only

posting period.

Hope this will helps you.

Regards,

Sunitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Let me give you the scenerio.

Storage bucket profile has week, month, & posting period with Z1(fiscal month) fiscal period.

Now I created a time bucket profile with 6 periods of posting period with ZQ (quarterly periods) fiscal period. (to achieve quarterly view of data view)

I even tried with storage bucket profile with week, month, quarter, year & posting period with Z1. & used the newly created time bucket profile, But getting the same message.

Would appreciate if you have any other solution.

is it a issue or is it just a warning message.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushant,

The error message /SAPAPO/SDP_PI026 (External planning buckets profile < TB-profile ID > is invalid) is displayed if the time

buckets profile ID assigned to the planning book has a name longer than 13 characters..

I kindly request you to have a look at the notes 844248 and 1080787 for more info.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Nithin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nitin,

I already followed this notes. but there is no problem with field length.

would appreciate if you have any other thoughts.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sushant,

The genral reason for this error is "time bucket profile you are trying to use is not suitable with regard to the storage buckets profile used for the planning area".

You are using two fiscal year variants, check if one is year dependent and other is week dependent. The system compares both profiles internally. If there is some error in this part set a breakpoint at function module '/SAPAPO/SDP_TB_COMPARE_BUP' and check.

Also check if your storage bucket profile and FYV validity. For ex your SBP may be defined as

Start date 03.12.2000

End Date 31.12.2018

Check if FYV is valid upto this interval, if not maintain same interval and re-test your issue.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Nithin.