Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGS_UPDATE - newsslettler

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Anyone know how to get the news about the update provide by SAP trough transaction AGS_UPDATE, before to discover that the system had been updated ?

Luis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think you need to review SAP Note

1143775 - SAP Service Content Update

You need to get a better understanding on SCU and exactly what it is providing.what it changes, how you can see what changes have been applied, how to cancel updates, etc.

Technical background: The service content update uses (and

modifies) copies of the ST-SER programs (namespace RDSVAS*) i

So when a note is created to address a problem with ST-SER a Service Content Update is created.

When you are running the Service Content update, you get the correction as a delivered update.

The SCU therefore will contain the most recent code correction(s) for ST-SER.

IThe purpose of Service Content Update is to allow you to deliver services when you do not have the required Support Package

installed, infact the Support Package may not even be available yet, but the SCU is available.

Regards,

Paul

Lluis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks again Paul for that technical details, i know that note and the functionality of ags_update.

i think that with ags_update not only corrections are delivered of ST_SER, also are delivered modification on session reports.

from beginning of that gear, de content of session reports have changed continuously several times, and not only for correction, also with new content.

it would be interesting that SAP provide us a link with session reports modification.

a sample for that is that on January the was only 3 option to send session report by mail:

- SAP EarlyWatch Alert

- SAP EarlyWatch Alert for Solutions

now we have all this options:

- SAP CQC for Implementation - Verification - Automated

- SAP CQC Going Live Support - Automated

- SAP EarlyWatch Alert

- SAP EarlyWatch Alert for Solutions

- Self Service: SAP GoingLive Check - Verification

- Service Level Report

Luis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

On the above question, please can one of you let me know the co-relation b/w t.code ags_update & the job SM:SERVICE CONTENT UPDATE in solution manager. I noticed that running the job does not download content.

Thank You

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

I think one of the problems in providing this kind of information is there are over 100 services that can be delivered.

Not all customers use all services, some don't use any services. And too these services thaere can be many changes in any given time period.

The SCU makes changes to the Service Delivery Framework, a lot of what is changed would not mean anything to most customer's anyways.

Similarly changes to Service Defintions are not published. Everytime the Mainenance Package Task runs, it checks to refresh the

service definitions, and those changes are automatically applied to the system.

So while some changes are visible, as the one you have mentioned, most are not. I think the additonal work of documenting

each change, when most customers would not be interested, will likely mean this will not be changed.

Even other software companies, such as Microsoft, will release hotfixes, and the detail on what they address is often not there.

If you were not on SCU, tall the changes are contained in the Service Packages. So if you update to the most recent SP level, you will have the same changes to the Service Content. You will also not find details on changes in SP levels.

Really it is New Releases that have detailed release Notes published.

Otherwise the information is not published. I hope thjis helps, even though I know you were hoping there was a souce that lists the changes, it does not exist.

Regards,

Paul

Answers (0)