cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order and workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just want to know what is work flow and for the sales order how to see the work flow? Is the work flow and the document flow are same ? please help me understanding this.

Regards,

Venksys

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a Lot

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

Your info link was very interesting, and like to know how to link my sales area and sales order to workflow, any idea ?

Regards,

Venksys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you be more specific about the workflow requiremens?

If just sending Sales Order to manager/user's email, you can just set-up output type to automatic send email.

Generally, workflow requires ABAPer, and respective module consultant to work together.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Just giving you examples for both work flow and document flow.

Document Flow:

After creating the sales order, you may create the delivery, shipment and invoice. All these documents can be seen from the sales order by clicking the "Document Flow" icon

Work Flow:

While creating the sales order you may want the user to restrict from giving more than 5% discount.If the user gives more than 5% discount, then a notification can be triggered to his manager. The manager can then review the sales order and approve the discount. This is called workflow.

Both document flow and workflow are different.

Regards,

Raghav

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Workflow is nothing but to make the process automatic and remind the flow stage by stage.It is not like sales order flow and workflow are same.This can be implemented in module.It may used to remind stage wise,sending mails and for approval stage bt stage.

[SD Workflow|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCBMTWFMSD/BCBMTWFMSD.pdf]

Regards,

Madhu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Madhu Rao,

Thanks for your suggestion, but could you tell me who configures workflow system in sd. Is it sd consultant himself or basis guy ?

Regards,

Venksys