cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access Control 10 - No rules were selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have just started our GRC10 implementation and have verified all support packs and pre-requisites are met. However, on doing Role level Risk Analysis, we get an error message "No rules were selected". We selected "Global" as the rule-set while running the risk analysis.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Snehal Pandya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all

I made some progress. I ran all the sync jobs once again with full sync (and not incremental) and that resolved the issue for rol;e level risk analysis. Now I am able to see role level risk analysis. However, the user level risk analysis is not yet sorted out. I am verifying all config and other settings. Will let you all know if I find something.

Thanks

Snehal Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

When the input screen appears, for "Access Risk Analysis" and I select "Role Level", it is prompting for all the relevant inpuits. The role name is correctly being pulled from the ECC system since all the role names are displayed. However, once all the selection is done and I execute this in foreground, it returns back on the result screen under the column "Rule ID" as error message "No rules were selected"

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Snehal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, i am getting the same mesage.

I already complete the post intallation activities, complete the activities document From Post-Installation to First Risk Analysis, run all background and sync jobs. And when i ran a SoD Analysis User/Role level, still got the same error "No rules were selected". Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant

That was indeed useful tip - we found that the "Define Connector Group" config was missed out and we did all the steps as per the document so we are now 1 step ahead. We are now able to do risk analysis of roles named Y* or Z. However, we have some business roles which are not Y or Z* but are B* or C* and AC10 is not doing risk analysis on these roles. No clues since we were able to do risk analysis of B* roles in GRC 5.3 without issues so I am not sure if there is a restriction in AC10 of not being able to use role names other than Y* or Z*,.

Any clues?

Thanks

Snehal Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does ur system show those roles?

if yes then it should run risk .. let me know what is the message ur getting?

Regards,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kaushal

We made sure that the Rule set is generated properly and all other config items are done. The option for doing Riek Analysis for "Role Level" prompts for the following inputs.

1. system (Correctly showing the RFC connection)

2. Risk level

3. Role name (Correctly showing the roles that exist on ECC system)

4. Rule set (Drop down only shows "Global" as the rule set).

There is no other option to specify Rule ID. I assume you meant Rule set and it picks up Global from the drop down list and then 2 options - Run in foreground or Run in Background. There are bunch of other check boxes / options for "Action Level", "Critical Action", "Critical Role/profile" "Permission Level" etc.

If we click on "Run in F/g", it opens up a new screen appears "Analysis Results" and that is where under Action column, it displays the error message " No rules were selected".

Any clues?

Thanks

Snehal Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You need to run BG jobs job, check connector setting should be Auth..

and regenrateule set .. issue. this solved mine..

Please refre to post installation and Run first analysis document.

Thanks,

Prasant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can go to the reports and analytics tab to check if you have the rules generated for the rule set that you are using for SoD analysis.

Vikas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal.

I assume you have performed all the required set up tasks and steps (Configuration, performing the background jobs and generating the rule set etc).

When selecting the parameters for the risk analysis, did you try running it with the Risk ID selected as "*"? It may be worthwhile to check and test the different parameters.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

I guess you need to Generate the rules first. Then they should appear.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snehal,

Please refer the SAP document https://websmp202.sap-ag.de/instguides > SAP Business Component> GRC --> GRC 10.0.

There are many configuration which you needs to be done.

Regards

Rajan Arora