cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in saproot.sh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

just today i update kernel patch to 137(not latest) but when i run saproot.sh it show below:

1. ./saproot.sh DEV

The database environment must be set for your DB6 database.

Login as <sid>adm and do 'su root' before starting this script

or

specify the correct name of the installed system

if <SID> does not match the current saproot input parameter DEV

#

why it show this error i use correct name of system, it is DEV, i run this command from /sapmnt/DEV/exe using root user, pls help me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

From your previous thread I see that your are on DB6, so I think this message is quite normal.

Please read -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/3753c4b87b6025e10000000a422035/content.htm

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

so syntax is correct? ./saproot.sh DEV ? but i'm already use root user still this error

Former Member
0 Kudos

> so syntax is correct? ./saproot.sh DEV ? but i'm already use root user still this error

Hello,

Syntax or the command is the correct one but the concept is I think the 'way' you log on to 'root'.

Please verify it once again, do log on via some other user and then execute 'su root' to log on to 'root'. This is what help page says - do not execute 'su - root'

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa ,

The concept is that saproot.sh needs to be run as root but have all the environment variables of sidadm. you are getting the error because the env variables is unknown to root user.

Try to run saproot.sh with sidadm user.

sidadm> sudo -E saproot.sh DEV .

The u2018-Eu2019 flag tells sudo to take the environment variables with it.

The error you are getting can be fixed by upgrading the sudo .Please ask unix team to fix that.

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

su root worked for me, as given in help sap page link, i will try your method next time, thanks for help

Answers (0)