cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

link between two oracle based systems via an z-table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

We have an idea to use (for migration purpose) a link between two systems. Actually we would like to place some data from one system via an ABAP system in an Z-table)

How could we access this table from other SAP system. Both systems are using (of course their own )oracle 10.2.0.4 databases.

An simple example would be of great help

Thank you in advance

Jan

PS: we would like to avoid using filles...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

volker_borowski2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

allthough it is technically possible, I think this sort of usage is not covered by license and support regulations.

Might be different, if you have the DB license directly from Oracle.

What about using RFC ?

FM RFC_READ_TABLE should do what you like on ABAP Level with full SAP support.

Volker

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus

I am using bdlink. In DBCO i do not understand how to present one table from other system

KR

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Unfortunatelly this solution does not work. I tried "from scratch". At first I corrected the tnsnames.ora entry for external PR1 system(database PR1) on PR3 system: I addded

tnsnames.ora:

PR1.WORLD =

(DESCRIPTION =

(SDU = 4096)

(ADDRESS_LIST =

(ADDRESS =

(COMMUNITY = SAP.WORLD)

(PROTOCOL = TCP)

(HOST = prion1)

(PORT = 1527)

)

)

(CONNECT_DATA =

(SID = PR1)

(GLOBAL_NAME = PR1.WORLD)

)

On prion3 in sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL> CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK PPLINK CONNECT TO SYSTEM IDENTIFIED BY ginord9 USING 'PR1.WORLD';

Database link created.

In R/3 (se11) I created ZDFKKOP and droped it on database level

On prion3 in sqlplus / as sysdba

"drop table ZDFKKOP "

SQL> CREATE SYNONYM ZT006A FOR ZDFKKOP@PPLINK;

Using transaction SE11, I created a view (ZDFKKOP_VIEW, projection view) using BASIS table ZDFKKOP.

However no entries are shown

What could be problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marius

It seems the only thing I am missing is what needs to be done in order "USING 'TNS'" to be used.

I am desperately trying to find on internet some example. I assume something would need to be done in tnsnames.ora or tnsnsames.ora

Thank you in advance

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I tried as you wrote:

Using transaction SE11, I created a table (ZTABLE) with the same fields as the table in the external database, I made sure that the type and lengths of the fields are identical.

Using transaction SE11, I created a view (ZTABLE_VIEW, projection view) using BASIS table ZTABLE

However I got stucked in following command in sqlplus:

SQL> create dblink PR1 as connect to remote_user identified by password;

create dblink PR1 as connect to remote_user identified by password;

ERROR at line 1:

Could you help me a little bit (what mechanism should be used in order to recognise where "PR1" stands?)

Thank you in advance

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is just a illustration on how you can connect to remote database using dblink. You can implement this dblink feature to achive your deisred result.

Using transaction SE11, create a table (ZTABLE) with the same fields as the table in the external database, make sure that the type and lengths of the fields are identical.

Using transaction SE11, create a view (ZTABLE_VIEW, projection view) using BASIS table ZTABLE

Using SVRMGRL>

create dblink REMOTE_DB as connect to remote_user identified by password; (database link created)

drop table ZTABLE; (table dropped)

create synonym ZTABLE for ZTABLE@REMOTE_DB; (synonym created)

Using transaction SE16 , type in ZTABLE_VIEW and hit RETURN

Enter value in key fields and hit execute. (displays rows from the remote table)

Hope this is useful to you.

Regards,

Deepak Kori