cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLS Transaction export/import file is transferring configuration values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an issue were whenever we manually move (export/import) a BLS transaction from one environment to another (ei. Dev to QA) the configuration setting values are also transferred to the next environment. This is an issue because the configuration setting in each environment have different values (ei. FTP server name and FTP credential values).

We found out that this was happening because the export file is saving the values of the configuration.

As an example. At Action Block FTP_Get_File_List I would choose the Connection Alias I configured at the System Connection editor. The FTP Server value is then set for that action block. The FTP Server value is then saved in the export file therefore sending the value over to the next environment when imported overiding the correct configuration value at times.

We know that one way to handle this is by creating a corresponding Local properties with the same name as the Connection Alias and then assign the Local properties created to the FTP_Get_File_List action. But we believe that this is not a clean way to solve this issue because it defeats the purpose of creating a configuration.

What better solution can we do? Is there a way to export/import a BLT that would not include the configuration values?

We are using MII 12.1 SP9 running on NW CE 7.10.

Thanks,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best practise stated that the configuration's name should be the same. Unfortunately there is no other better way as you might have know.

For MII, the name of the configuration is important; it must the same in dev and prod (Credential, Connection alias). The value in action blocks should be automatically selected based on enviroment configuration . Are you saying this is not the case?

There are 2 transportation. One is the project itself and another one is the MII configuration (Systems, Navigation, Credential...)

Are you tranport both configuration/projects from dev to prod?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for telling me your thoiughts about this issue.

The configuration names are the same for all environment and only their values are different. Unfortunately what's not happening is that the value in action blocks are not automatically selected based on environment, so values are not determined at runtime,

and that is the issue I'm facing.

My question to you Seng Kiang Hoe is, have you experienced the same issue as mine where config settings are used directly in action blocks and values are not automatically selected based on environment? Or do you assign config settings to a Global/Local properties first and then use it in the action blocks?

Both configuration and projects are transported from dev to all other environments.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We dont assign global/local property for the configuration and I dont have problem having Production's value after transporting from development enviroment. I am using version 12.18 and 12.2.

You might need to open an ticket to sap look at your issue.

Edited by: Seng Kiang Hoe on Nov 14, 2011 8:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I forgot to ask, how do you transport objects to other environment? Is it by manual export/import or by other means like NWDI/CTS+ etc?

What NW version do you use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you means by objects.

If you mean the transactions, the template...in work bench, I do export import of the whole project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Seng Kiang Hoe for your taking time answering my questions.

former_member193328
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joe

If your MII version is 12.1 or higher you can use NWDI or NWDI and CTS+ to ransport Transactions, Query Temoplates etc. You can also go with Export Import

Best regards

Partha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Partha,

you and the other had told it is possible to use export/import to transport from DEV to PRD, right?

I am facing a problem with this approach. The BSLs and JSP files have not beeing updated. For BSLs I believe it takes some time but for the JSP files I need to rename them to work.

As stated by David Flam at http://forums.sdn.sap.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2056300, I could change the Production Mode, but I am affraid I can not do this in the production environment.

I have found many posts describing the transport using Export/Import and no one reported simmilar problem.

How could I refresh the BSLs and JSP files in the production environment?

Also, I have some jobs created for the BSLs and I have cleaned the related cache, but nothing seems to work.

Best Regards

Italo Stefani

Vetta Group