cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver BW 7.30 Post Installation Guidelines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have just installed BW 7.3, both ABAP and Java stacks, and now we need go through the post installation procedures.

So far, we succesfully executed the Configuration Wizard in NetWeaver Administrator for the scenario BI Java, but when we run the BI Diagnostics & Support Desk Tool, we still get some red lights.

Now we are looking for any kind of documentation about the complete set of post installation procedures applicable to the 7.3 BW release.

We did some research and could not so far locate any SAP note or how-to document about this task, like exists for BI 7.0 version (note 917950 and correspondent how-to paper).

Is it note 917950 still valid for BW 7.3? Is there any other source of information specific for BW 7.3?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What errors does the diagnostic tool detect?

I could not find a similar note for BW 7.3 version and the validity of Note 917950 is resticted to BW version 7.0 and 7.1

However if the error description you get is similar to the symptoms in Note 917950, then it could be relevant.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikshan, thanks for your reply.

Yes, if we could not find any 7.30 specific guideline, we will try to analyze the messages, and compare with the 917950 note and other reference material oriented to the 7.0 release.

To be honest, at this point of the game I suspect that the 7.3 configuration should be very similar to the 7.0. But I would prefer see this explicitly said in any SAP documentation. Perhaps it already exists anywhere, and we just could not find yet.

Experts out there, any other help?

Regards.

Answers (0)