cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New dimension in BO-XI-3.2-Universe (Functions MDX Syntax)

0 Kudos

Hello, i´ve been trying to find a solution but i´m not able to solve a silly question...

I need to create a new dimension called for example, Dim02 wich is based on the results of Dim01. If the value of Dim01 is blank Dim02 will have the value 0, or blank, or Not assigned, or something like that and if Dim01 has value Dim02 will have the value, 1, or X, or assigned.

I´ve just created a new dimension and i´m trying to use the function IIF but without succes. I´ve just tryid the following but always the system says that the expression that i´m using in select statement it´s not correct. Could somebody tell me if there is some mistake in this one ?

IIF(@Select(ColaboradorProveedor)=4001579, 1, 0)

or

IIF(@Select(ColaboradorProveedor)="4001579", 1, 0)

I´m not able to find the correct expression....but it has to be very close to this ones...

Thanks in advance.

J.Casas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to embed the expression in the <EXPRESSION></EXPRESSION> tags for SAP BW OLAP Universes.

Please try the below definition:

<EXPRESSION> IIF(@Select(Colaborador\Proveedor)=4001579, 1, 0) </EXPRESSION> 

Please note that you can return only numeric values.

Regards,

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hi rohit12, you are right... i´ve added the tags mentioned but without succes. I´ve found that the same sentecte works if i use a key figure/measure instead of a characteristic/dimension. For example:

- it works

Ii need to find the way to know if some characteristic/dimension is informed or not and be able to use a filter or something similar to say YES or NO and select YES or NO. It seems simple but.... i´m not able to find the correct solution.

Thanks anyway

J.Casas

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Is the underlying database SAP BW or another OLAP datasource?

I know that for SAP BW this type of thing is not possible.

For starters a dimension object cannot be of type numeric, but has to be character.

Also string handling is not supported...

For SAP BW I would look to solve this in BW, not in the universe.

Hope this helps,

Marianne

0 Kudos

Hi Marianne, yes, the underlying database is SAP BW. I know that in BI40 it´s possible to achieve this situation using some sql sentence because a friend of mine has done the same in other project. Maybe in BO XI3.1 it´s not possible as you say so i will try to do something at BW level.

Thanks anyway,

J.Casas