cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global variable for default row count of applets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currently all applets have a default row count of 100. it's a little anoying that I have to go to every applet and add the parameter RowCount=XXXXX.

Is there a global variable that will change this default value?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is really the underlying query templates themselves that have the RowCount, and to answer your question, no - there is no global setting for this. The intention of RowCount is to provide a limitation to prevent users from the potential of requesting an unbound data request. Bumping this number to a million is not a recommended strategy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jeremy.

I understand why, I guess it's more my fault for not understading the default count while I was building MII and not setting the row count when I was designing the pages .

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have a concern that the user may not be seeing all the expected results from the data source, in addition to the document.APPLET.getQueryObject().getRowCount(), the iGrid supports document.APPLET.getGridObject().getRowCount() - this would allow you on the UpdateEvent or relevant button function to make sure the grid rows displayed are less than the query maximum rows. If needed it would be easy to inform the user that more records may exist (or to possibly refine their query request properties to a meaningful dataset boundary).

Answers (0)