Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center and G/L Account not defaulting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are on SRM 7/ECC6

I am creating a free text SC...I give the product category and expect that cost center and G/L account will default in the account assignments tab, but they don't and I have to manually plug in these values. I have maintained appropriate SPRO settings where I have linked my product category and G/L account and also marked the default checkbox.

Kindly suggest,

Best Regards,

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you maintained the cost center attribute in PPOMA_BBP (attributes KNT and CNT)?

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

@ Ricardo: We have defined the attribute KNT with CC but have left the CNT attribute blank as we don't want to default the CC blindly. G/L and CC should be defaulted as per the product category chosen in the SC. Can you suggest something else?

@ Velu: Thanks a lot for the suggestion. I checked the note you have suggested and it says that the correction instructions are delivered with SAPKIBKV08 and we are already on SAPKIBKV09. So I guess we need not apply those instructions. You have any other ideas?

@ Praveen: Why do we need to maintain those entries??

Best Regards,

John

0 Kudos

The GL will be defaulted from the product category. But the value for the account assignment category (Cost Center ) has to

come from the attributes of the Department/User. But still, the GL needs to be defaulted in your case. Pl check by giving the value

for the CC to a value in the user's attribute ( as a default).

regards

velu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Pl check the note "1437604" . It might help.

regards

velu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

can you mention the scenario you are using . also check whether you maintained all the g/l accounts, cost centers in the following path in SPRO cross application basic settings->account assignment-> maintain local accounting data.

Regards,

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello John,

In SPRO configuration

"Define G/L Account for Product Category and Account Assignment Category"

Maintain the configuration like

Category ID Source Syst. AcctAssCat G/L Account Default

0000030 TRXCLNT750 CC 15190001 x

Don't forget to maintain Source System and Default fields for this setting.

Regards

Thiago Salvador

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thiago,

Pl read my post...I have clearly said that I have made this setting.

Experts pl suggest.

John