cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.11 AAE- Archiving and deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I just want to get confirm on my understanding regarding AAE archiving and deletion.

We have 98% interfaces using only AAE in our landscape.

I had set up XMLDAS archiving for AAE ( After fixing so many issues ) which archives the AAE messages into the local file system. So no issues in that .

Now my requirements are,

1) I would like to keep only 7 days of data in the database and 100 days of data in the file system

2) I do not want to set up any rules for Archiving /Deletion. It means i would like to archive messages older than 7 days in the file system.

The steps are ( My understanding )

1) Set the persistence duration in NWA to 7 days . So only 7 days of data will be stored in table BC_MSG.

2) Set up the archival job in the background processing through RWB without ANY RULES. So all processed messages older than 7 days will be achieved in the file system. And Archive will come with default delete procedure as well hence Archived messages will be deleted from table BC_MSG.

3) Deactivate the delete job . If i have the active delete job in the background processing, it will delete all messages older than 7 days which i don want. The deletion of messages from BC_MSG will be taken care as part of archival job.

Is my understanding correct?

Thanks

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found out the answers on my own.

My understandings are 100% perfect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Could you please tell me what did you do to delete the files from the file system after 100 days?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, any know what did they do to delete the files from the file system after 100 days?

We have the same problem, when we deleted manualy some messages  from SO AIX but they still appear from the RWB, and when we clic over them we get an error:  ...... java.lang.Exception: XML DAS GET command failed with ErrorCode: 598; ErrorText:  598 GET: Error while accessing resource; response from archive store: 598 I/O Error java.io.FileNotFoundException: /usr/sap/PID/javaarch/archive/usr/sap/pid/x

Is there any way to delete messages without generating errors / inconcistencias?