Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget check is not working in PO

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am assigning WBS to PM order for budget scenario.

The budget check and Error is properly coming in Order.

But if i create PO it is not displaying error if the value is amended to exceed the budget. Why ?

The following is my tolerance limit

TPL 000001 PS Budget Profile ++ 1 90.00

TPL 000001 PS Budget Profile ++ 2 100.00

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether Commitment management was updated for your PM order type in T code KOAO.

with regards

M Umapathy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think Budget will not check in Purchase order by using PR generated in the PM order, it will be standard for projects only.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But if i create PO it is not displaying error if the value is amended to exceed the budget. Why ?

>

Are you creating PO account assigned to PM order or account assigned to WBS Element..?

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Po Account asssigned is order 835086

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

You are saying that PO a/c assignment is order then how system will check the budget of WBS.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Po Account asssigned is order 835086

I doubt PS budget will check PO account assigned to PM order..

either use budget in PM or use PO account assigned to WBS Element and use valuated project stock and you can consume these project stock to the PM order which is account assigned to this WBS Element. Here you can monitor your stock for a project / WBS Element, which is obviously one PM order. This is one of the advantage using PS with PM.

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.

It will affect the current scenario

here we are creating order and material (spares) is assigned and in add tab WBS is assigned

So automatically a PR is generated in the background with Account assignment to order.

Then PO is created for this PR.

The problem here is while creating order the value is not exceeding the budget . But when it is converted to PO increase in material cost exceeding the allotted budget without any budget check

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks.

>

> It will affect the current scenario

>

You modify such a way that it wont effect the business scenario. Instead of generating PO from PM order generate it from project network and assign PM order as subnetwork to th project so that you can use PS budget functionality as well as PS scheduling to schedule PM order.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are generating PO from PM order whereas your budget is assigned to the WBS element. How will the budget check happen in this case? To achieve this create a PO from projects. Only then will the budget be checked against the assigned WBS.

Regards,

Gokul

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have maintained following setting in tolerence limits

TPL 000001 PS Budget Profile ++ 1 90.00 - This is to give warning message

TPL 000001 PS Budget Profile ++ 2 100.00 - This is ti give warning with mail

In this 1 is for warning and 2 is for warning with mail but you have not maintained 3 which is error message.

Please maintain 3 insted of 2 for 100 % as follows and for 1 & 2 you can maintain differen percentage.

TPL 000001 PS Budget Profile ++ 3 100.00 - Here 3 is for error message. This will give you the error message

regards,

former_member494495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. I checked with 3 also but it is not working