Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Xcelsius SWF Generation Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deal All,

While generating SWF of an XLF file sometimes it Gievs an Error

" SWF Can not be generated .PLease contact the administrator."

Kindly help me figure out what are all the possible reasons for thie error?

PLease note that this error I gets only for few files not for all. And also sometimes I am able to export some of those files.

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to Xcelsius forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try To install the Adobe Flash Player of Latest Version

www.adobe.com

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sir,

Currently we are having 10.0.x versions.Should we move to 10.1.x since for SWF recommended version is 10.0.x only.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

This doesn't appears to be a issue with Adobe flash player, as you told sometimes you are able to export SWFs. but being on safe side try to install the latest version.

This might have something to do with your service packs & fix packs. would recomend you to move to higher service pack. for ex say to service pack 3 & fix pack 2. or above. BDW at what SP & FP you are now?

HTH

Neeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Neeraj ,

My Current flash version is 10.1.102.64.

I am using Xcelsius 2008 and SAP BO XI3.1

Please suggest service pack that we need to install to avoid this error

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

The next time this error occurs, please make a note of the memory usage of Xcelsius.exe on the machine you are using, and how much free memory you have.

Also, what version of Excel are you using? Are you using Live Office? Is there anything unusual about your model (macros, enormous data sets/large file size, large number of connections, etc.)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to move on S.P 3 & F.P 2 or higher.

try this nd let us know the output.

Neeraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Neeraj,

I already have SP3 but I am really confused over FP2 or higher since in those fix pack documents I am not gettign anything that could really help me.

Memory usage while exporting reaches 1.8GB.

SP3 will support larger SWF files to be made and thats what I need in this case but still I am gettgin the same issues.

Regards,

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not using MACROS and I don't see anythign unusual in my XLF.

I am able to export same XLF file after deleting one combo BOX but I can not apply this solution since that combo box is important and I can not delete it from actual code.

Thank you

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I have 12 liveoffice connections and file sizes are between 3-4 MB.

While generating SWF momory usage reaches 1.8 GB.

Still I don't have any solution.Kindly suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.8GB is probably your problem.

Windows won't allocate more than 2GB to a 32-bit process (e.g. Xcelsius.exe). I'd consider 1.8GB close enough to be deemed a problem.

So you need to look at ways of making your dashboard smaller. Your options:

1. Break the dashboard into smaller parts and use SWF loader components.

2. Reduce the amount of data. How many cells of data do you have? Is the data there when you save to swf? Try emptying all the data from the spreadsheet, since I assume this is replaced when the Live Office connections refresh anyway. If all your data is brought in with Live Office.

I'm currently working with a dashboard with 80 screens and 1,000s of components, but split into 7 swfs and data brought in with BI Services and memory never goes over 400MB, so your problem should certainly be fixable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you David,

Your suggestion is very appreciated but curently we are nto in the position to implement the same.Kindly let us know if there is any other option like by incresing the RAM or switching to some other operating sysme that can help us.

Thank you

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I'm not an expert, but I'm fairly sure that since Xcelsius.exe is 32-bit, even if you moved to Windows 64-bit or increased your ram, the problem would still be there. I'd check that with an expert though.

So a smaller dashboard(s) may be your only solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All, This problem is resolved by recreating the file. It often comes cause file gets corrupt if you use manuy number of components especially data movement usign some filtering techniques.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem comes due to corrution of XLF files. For me it is resolved by recreating the file. Recreation doesn't mean you need to start from scratch but try copy pasting if diffrent pages and with diffrent options. It worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepak,

I have also facing same kind of issue,while exporting the file size of having 3.2 MB.In my case Xcelsius.exe Memory uses reaches to only 1.2 GB .I have 12 Live Office Connections in my dashboard.

It is working fine if i reduce the dashboard by reducing the components,which is reducing the dashboard file memory size.

Please suggest.

Regards

Venakt