cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Realtime interface for web page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been asked by a business user if SAP PI would be suitable for use as an interface that will update data points on a google map from a Smart Phone app.

When the user of the app moves the map around, the webserver submits a request to a SAP ECC system through PI which then returns live information about locations displayed on the map.

The information return has to be extremely fast and seamless to the user of the Smart Phone app.

My gut feeling on this is that PI isn't the best application for this as a synchronous interface wont process fast enough. But if someone here thinks differently or has implemented something similar then I would love to hear their view on it and how it would be done.

Thanks,

Gareth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would recomendyou to use SAP NetWeaver GateWay .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for this, I have taken a look at it.

This seems to be only for Mobile Devices. Is there something similar for all real time web communications? So if the same example I mentioned above was to be a regular website and also available through a mobile app.

Something for real time communications in general?

Thanks

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Something for real time communications in general?

The other possible options are java proxy or web service on the pi receiver side. Please explore whether target system supports those two.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP NetWeaver Gateway can be used for real time communications, connecting to user interfaces like web pages is highly recommended.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can also have a function module or a bapi in ECC, on which you have the option "Remote-Enable Module" , and then generates directly in ECC a web service... some points of custo to do, but before PI, it was like that we could exposed a web service.

After that, if it's the best way.... I don't know, as ther is maybe a lack of security (your ECC is directly connected to outside).

But that's certainly the faster, as there is no system / tool (like PI) in the middle !

regards.

Mickael