Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@prompt function

former_member214617
Participant
0 Kudos

hi guys

I have created one prompt object in universe like :-

@Prompt('Enter Week Start Date','D','Class\Object',mono,free)

where object has restriction to show LOV only after 01/01/2011 till current date

@Prompt('Enter Week End Date','D','Class\Object',mono,free)

where object has restriction to show LOV only after 07/01/2011 till current date

1) it is working fine in webi but i want that user should not get calendar icon while selecting the value from LOV

2) needs to put restriction after selecting the week start date, user should not pick week end date less than what he selected in week start date...

3) needs to give more information about filters to user while refreshing the report....

Any suggestion will be appreciated

thanks & regards

Edited by: sap_@2011 on Nov 10, 2011 12:05 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MariannevL
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll take them in the same order you presented them.

1) The type 'D' will trigger the calendar dialogue, so if you do not want that, think of using a string (or number) like YYYYMMDD or YYYY/MM/DD. Note that this will be sorted as strin/number, so to get them to sort right, you cannot use a format like 'DD/MM/YYYY'.

Also remember you will have to remodel the string into a date before comparing it to the date in the database.

2) You are talking about prompts with a dependency on each other, this is not possible in the standard prompt dialogue.

Think of a work around, like you ask for the start date of the first week, then the number of weeks of the period the user wants. That way they cannot make a mistake and pick the wrong date.

3) In the filter object you can enter a description. This will be shown when the user hovers over the filter object.

This you can use to give more information.

Hope this helps,

Marianne