cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Release problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear PS experts,

Is partial budget release is possible or not in sap ps functionality?

I have a simple project , attached one internal activity which is having 100000 planned cost.

Can i make 75000 as original budget for this wbs element? whereas system is not allowing me to do so.

Also while releasing budget can i release lesser value to planned cost assuming in this case that i assigned 100000 as original budget and try to release 50000. System is not allowing to me.. please explain..

configuration-

availibility control-

act type- 1 , usage blank

overall- yes

Releases- yes

object currency- yes

budgeting currency - controlling area currency- yes

tolerance limit-

80% warning

100- error message

kindly advise as it is critical issue with my client

prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said by the Pradeep, it is not possible to release lesser than the assigned value in AVAC activation.

If you want release Budget 50% of assigned value, you should kept warning message for 200% (but it will allow Actuals upto 200%).

with regards

M Umapathy

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Partial release is always possible if your relese value is more than the assigned value (If any assigned value is alredy present)

As per your config AVAC will be activated after budget release by CJ32 and not on budget allocation through CJ30.

In your case you have created internal activity and its plan cost is 100000. It means you have assigned activity type for the activity and plan cost is updated against this activity. So sytem taken it as as REM plan.

REM plan values are part of assigned values. Assigned value = Commitment + REM + Actual

Your assigned value now is 100000 and and your entered budget in CJ30 is also 100000 till now AVAC is not activated.

Now you are trying to release the budget, While releasing the budget system will activate AVAC and before that it will check the release value against the assigned value.

Your release value 50000 is less than the assigned value 100000 so system is giving error.

Hope issue is clear now.

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you are correct. In this senario how to overcome this? As i want to release partial budget with assigned budget which is less that planned cosst.

thank you again

prashant

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case you have to release the budget minium same of assigned value i.e.100000 because you alredy planed your activity cost. If you want release less then you have to reduce your plan cost.

Otherway is if you want to remove REM plan value to consider part of assigned value. For that you have to apply the SAP note but then this will not check the budget for your interl activity plan cost. Please check your business requirement before applying this note.

SAP NOte 853530 - Residual order plan not to be taken into account.

Check and confirm

regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pradeep,

I thank you for your time. But i didnt get REM. and also didnt get you when u said Note will not check budget for internal activity...

why so...

Are you sure this Note will help me given the requirement of my case?

One more thing. In configuration i removed check box which was checked before in front of 'Releases' in availability control conf section. Now i am able to release partially.

But Now, again my requirement has not met..

eg. again

total planned cost in wbs 100000

assigned budget 150000

partial release should be = to or < than planned cost i.e 100000

now system is allowing to release partial budget of upto 1 to 150000

my req is partial release which is lesser than planned cost.

Budget Commitment- (here reqmt. is that system should not allow

commitment more than release amount

-a) in this setting system is allowing budget release more than plan cost

-b) Also system is allowing to make commitment which is more

than release amount.

please advise me which configuration set up i should go to meet my requirement also regarding that note...thank you in advance

Prashant

pradeep_mahamuni
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First understand the term availability control by going through SAP help and finalize when you want to activate the AVAC against your project.

AVAC can be activaed by 3 ways

1. Automatic activation during budget allocation in CJ30

2. Budget release through CJ32

3. Manual activation / background activation

Now in your case you are doing planning by using the activities i.e. 100000 now this is plan cost for your WBS / project.

If you have planned this cost for interal activity by using resources then it is REM. If you have PR then this commitment

now in this case system is updated Assigned value for the WBS / project as 100000

Assigned value = Commitment + REM + Actual

Now if your AVAC activation during budget allocation through CJ30 - syem will check that your budget value is equal or more than asigned value otherwise will thorw error i.e 100000 or more than 100000

If your AVAC activation is during budget release then your release value shoul be same or more than the assigned value otherwise will thorw error i.e 100000 or more than 100000

You can do the partial alocation of budget or release budget if you dont have any assigned values present in the system or have less than the project / WBS budget.

Hope you understand now.

regards,

former_member388328
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto cj30 and select planned cost view. goto edit copy view. System asks you for percentage of planned cost. Then give your percentage. In above mentioned figures it shall be 75%.

thanking you

Vengaiah Chowdary