cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Provider for OLE DB not available in list of providers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm installing IdM 7.2 (Oracle) on a Windows 2003 R2 x64 server. As this is a proof of concept system, all components are installed on this server. The RDBMS is 10.2.0.4 x64.

I'm doing the IC Initial Configuration in the Creating the Identity center connection string, when I click on the Wizard the Oracle Provider doesn't appear in the list as expected.

I have installed the Windows Interfaces 64bit which contains the ODBC Driver and the Oracle provider of OLE DB. I can see the ODBC drivers using the Microsoft ODBC Administrator.

Is there a step I am missing?

Thanks in advance.

Doug

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need the 32 bit JDBC drives I believe.

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also make sure that you have upddated the JAVA/JDBC information in Tools / Options in the MMC console.

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's not true for 7.2. It depends on JVM. For 32bit JVM you need to use 32 JDBC driver.

I assume that you are having an issue with the first connection used by Identity Center. That's strange that you can't see Oracle ODBC driver. I don't think that this connection is related to JDBC drivers because IC is using ODBC driver.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

It is the IC connection (first), which uses the ODBC connection, that I am having troubles with.

I can't find any information from various threads that have help me to resolve this.

I'm assuming that I can't use the Microsoft driver as a fallback option (?)

Regards

Doug

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange. I just checked my demo box which is Windows 2008 R2 64bit with Identity Center and I can see Microsoft OLE DB provider for Oracle in tab Provider even I use MS SQL 2008 R2 for IdM. IC is jsut MMC (Microsoft Management Console) plugin so maybe you can try google for adding ODBC driver to MMC. The problem might be in 64 bits. Check this [link|http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winservergen/thread/560b5769-82d7-4b1f-8b4a-cac8198a951c].

Cheers

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In either case. IDM is not seeing the driver. Have not set up 7.2 yet, but you might want to try the 1.2 Microsoft JDBC drive.

Regards,

Matt

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

IC does not use JDBC to connect to DB. It's a plugin to MMC and hence it uses ODBC connections in the system. You also probably meant 32bit Oracle driver, not MS SQL.

Btw there is a bug in Oracle JVM in versions 1.6u28 & 1.6u29 that causes hanging of 64bit JDBC driver MSSQL. I spent 1/2 day debugging this issue. A solution might be to use SAP JVM. I just updated to 1.7u1 which is not supported but it seems to be working.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gentlemen.

I can't understand why the OLE DB installed (Oracle 10g) doesn't appear but I have done the installation twice and had the same issue. I was hoping that someone had the same issue and new the fix.

I've rebuilt the server and have used MS-SQL 2008 instead of Oracle. No issue with the OLE DB connection setup.