SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commitment item edit-financial transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we change the financial transaction number in commitment item master data after making postings to the same.The plan is to change from 60 to 30.Please help

Regards

Vipin

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, no you can't. The only way to change directly in table, but ofcause, it's not advisable.

May be you need to create new one and block old?

0 Kudos

Hi

I cannot block the older one because budget reports are already taken by the client for the corresponding one.The problem they are facing is they are not able to do GR/IR for standing POs. Its just 5 in numbers and for that i cannot block the old one and create a new one

0 Kudos

Hi.

' Its just 5 in numbers and for that i cannot block the old one and create a new one '-you mean that you're using all range and there is no free code to create new CI?

As I said you have only one option- chage directly in table, but it's risky, eg while reversing old documents

0 Kudos

HI

Even if iam creating new commitment item how can i put that in fmderive. i got a rule saying that Gl account=commitment item where i assigned the gl account with this commitment item which i need in longer run. so if i create a new commitement item how could i possible work along with this existing combination.My client is using automatic derivation so i cannot expect him fill it up during the entry point

Regards

Vipin

0 Kudos

If I understood you, then you don't need old CI with BR=60, then you can block old, and change fmderive, or change master data of GL account with new CI.

If you need old also,then try to think over flexible logic, eg for surtain transactions(value type, document type etc) you can overwrite old CI with new one

mar_novalbos
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As you cannot change the financial transaction in commitment item master data - see the online help:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca359e260211d28a430000e829fbbd/content.htm]

you will have to create a new one, as advised Aleksey, and change the derivation rules in FMDERIVE in order to have the newly created one derived for the new postings.

for correcting the old ones, you might want to use the reassignment tools, in order to change the commitment item into the new one. Have a look at this KBA:

[1609379 - Reassignment tools in Funds Management, which one to choose? |https://css.wdf.sap.corp/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/sno/ui_entry/entry.htm?param=69765F6D6F64653D3030312669765F7361706E6F7465735F6E756D6265723D3136303933373926]

Hope you will find this information helpful

kind regards

Mar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the support guys