cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System refresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am in the process of doing a system copy and i need to preserved the tables and later restore them after the refresh?

please explain me the detailed steps

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, you can Create the control file to be used by R3trans to export the tables that will be preserved from the target system, and re-imported after the refresh.

In the u201CTarget systemu201D, login into Unix level as <SID>adm and navigate to the below path:

cd /usr/sap/trans/tmp

create the control file in tmp directory using the vi editor, the structure of the file would be like below.

vi export_<target sid>_<mmyy>.ctl

Export

Client=XXX

File=u2018/usr/sap/trans/tmp/export_<target sid>_<mmyy>.dat

select * from XXXX

select * from XXXXX

select * from XXXXX

To export tables from the target system use R3trans:The input file is the control file from the above step. The data will be written to the file specified in the control file. The log for this process will be written to the log file specified in the command below.

R3trans u2013w export_<target sid>_<mmyy>.log u2013u 1 export_<target sid>_<mmyy>.ctl

Should see the number of entries exported from each table, and a commit to the data file. Other log information is also displayed in the log created for the above command.

After the system copy as a first post step., you could do the import of the tables .....

execute R3trans u2013w import_<target sid>_<mmyy>.log u2013u 1 import_<target sid>_<mmyy>.ctl.

Please let me know if you need more information on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank m0ismai, .i shall practice this in my test system...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please tell us which system copy you are performing, and the environment details

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am doing it for ECC, with oracle as a database on HP-UX