Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Authorization Issue with Custom Pending Value Object and Anonymous Users

Hi,

I am just converting my demo from version 7.1 to 7.2. I am not doing upgrade. The demo uses a custom pending value object USER_REQUEST. The idea is that new employee goes to Java AS as anonymous user and enters her details and store where she will work. After submitting request there is an approval process using custom entry type USER_REQUEST. If the request is approved then IdM converts USER_REQUEST into MX_PERSON entry. This works nice in 7.1 but I am having problems with replicating this in 7.2. I created new UI task accessible by anonymous that creates new USER_REQUEST entry. I also assigned role idm.anonymous with UME action idm_anonymous to UME built in group Anonymous users.

My problem is with the field STORE. This field is a reference field to another custom entry type STORE (this entry type will be used in context based assignment). Every new employee must selects a store where she will work. The problem is when user clicks on button "Select". Web dynpro terminates and returns authorization error. I also tested this with entry type MX_ROLE. I added attribute MXREF_MX_ROLE and same issue. So it seems that just assigning UME action idm_anonymous is not enough to list objects from identity store. I found a workaround for this issue. When I assign also UME action idm_authenticated to Anonymous users then it does not dump and I get a pop up window where I can search for store. It does not seem right to assign idm_authenticated to anonymous users.

Another issue is with display task for entry type USER_REQUEST. I assigned a display task to entry STORE and I set that Anonymous have access to this task in Access control tab. I assigned default value to the field store. So when a user opens page she can see a hyper link to display already assigned store. When user clicks on this hyper link it opens a new pop up window and user must authenticate against Java AS. After successful authentication the display task for entry STORE is displayed. I would assume that anonymous user can display it without authentication.

So to me it seems like authorization checks have been changed in 7.2 versions and are more strict for anonymous tasks. Hence my question is how can I implement my scenario. Am I missing some configuration or what's the proper solution to my two issues? I don't count assigning idm_authenticated to Anonymous users as a solution. This workaround does not solve my second issue.

Thanks

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question