Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Configuration....

HarshC
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are moving our SAP R/3 Servers to new Hardware(virtualization). So the ip and Hostnames for the servers is going to change. Can someone suggest a checklist of changes needed on XI side, to repoint XI to the new ip/hostnames. I assume they would only be at the SLD Level.

A few things that I could think of:

a. Create new technical systems for the r/3 installations(as you can't change host name for the existing ones)

b. Re-Map Existing Business Systems to the new technical Systems.

Any other things on the SLD side? Also what are the changes(if any) required on the Builder(repository/configuration).

Thanks,

Harsh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harsh,

Me again

Another point is in your SLD, you would need to add the Products and Software Componenets too to your new technical System.

Would also suggest this link as it gives a step by step procedure for all info,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/31/f0ff69551e4f259fdad799a229363e/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) check and modify all URL pipelines to reflect the

new hostname;

2) If you also change the system number, much more

needs to be modified.

I did this before, let me know if you have questions.

Please give points.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Harsh,

Apart from SLD, a few more changes would be needed on XI.

1. SM 59 -- the RFC destinations would now have to point to the new R3 installations . Login / authorizations would be needed to be rechecked ( a major problem in most cases )

2. IDX2 --- The Meta data would have to be reimported.

3. All communication channels ( IDOC , RFC ) would be needed to be updated with new details , user credentials etc.

Regards,

Bhavesh