cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB ABAP Schema Password Lost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to do an homogeneous system copy (SAP Netweaver 7.01 trial and MaxDB 7.7).

When I try to install SAP Netweaver in the target system, I start indicating the backup file location in the external media. After that, the installation program asks me for SUPERDBA password, CONTROL password and ABAP schema password. The last one is lost. I'm trying for hours to remember it but it's impossible. This password was set two years ago and I thought it was less important than other ones but now I realized it's crucial for homogeneous system copy.

How can I reset ABAP schema password in source MaxDB system?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The process of changing the password will remain the same as explained in the thread

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, but this thread didn't help me on that. I opened it yesterday and I could change SAPNSP passwords but ABAP schema password continues unknown for me until now

What can i do now?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sergio.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's you SID of the system you have been installing on MaxDB ?

If its NSP, then your ABAP Schema is SAPNSP. The password for which you have already changed.

Else share what's your ABAP Schema ID.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that I only have changed SAPNSP user password, not ABAP schema password.

In Database Studio, All personal tables are under SAPNSP ABAP schema. This schema belongs to SAPNSP user. This is the ID you are asking for, do you?

Regards,

Sergio.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. If the owner of all the tables is SAPNSP then thats your abap schema user. You have already changed the password for the required user.

Hope your query is answered.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, the problem was that install program asked for Target system's abap schema password. I created SAPNSP on target NSP instance before executing homogeneous copy and all was right.

Thank you very much.

Answers (0)