Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC for Inspection Plan Change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know a question a been posted somewhere on this but the solution did not work

I am to mass change inspection plans using standard BDC, problem is I keep getting the pop to input the inspection method, I dont have and dont need an inspection method. According to previous posts, I have to remove the plant from the pop up and it will be ok. I removed the plant on the pop up but I get the error "Master Inspection Characteristic, plant is not available"

any suggestions? Im really getting desperate

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even that post is old. It might help others to get around this issue:

BDC_FIELD USING 'PLMKB-QMTB_WERKS' '!'.

No need to work with Dummy methods.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dear,

It's better to use CWBQM t-Code and according to specific requirement change the following only the thing i u need to select the change profie for Inspection plan in CWBQM.

Solution given by Anand Rao is most simplest one than BDC developemnt.

Regards

Shailendra Gaur

SAP-QM

Edited by: D GURU on Nov 10, 2011 8:42 AM

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

What exactly you need to change in inspection plan in mass? If you want to change tolerances then there is no option but to go for BDC. But if you wish to change any control indicators you can use CWBQM with working area as Q_TSK_000000000010. This is simpler rather than developing BDC.

But if your purpose is not getting resolved using CWBQM, go for BDC. For the problem you mentioned, I think if system is prompting you to put inspection method, create one dummy inspection method and use the same for all MICs. Once you are done with all plans delete this inspection method for all MICs through CWBQM transaction.

I did once try that and worked correctly! This is some sort of work around when you donu2019t have that much of time to rectify / modify BDC.

Regards,

Anand Rao

Edited by: Anand Rao on Nov 10, 2011 10:04 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have by chnace you defined the Inspection method in MIC.??

Also -->Generally when you have mic & MIC has inspection method then system shows such a pop up and ask you to enter the method.

Also -->if the buffer is not clear while batch uploading then the pervious enterd inspection method or MIC is taken as default.

Try to only input MIC & relevant plant.

or

Proces whole inspection task list first then in change mode(QP02) run batch in forground for MIC .