cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic PO creation when neither Contract or fixed vendor found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

This is continuation of my previous thread. the issue has not been resolved and needs suggestions.

SRM 5.0 ECS SP15. The issue happens sporadically when SRM SC is created without contract item (catalog/direct mat).

So, when SC is created with above condition, instead of going to sourcing, system directly creates the PO. The only thing I noticed was the SC contained entry in preferred vendor field. there is no custom code on turning preferred vendor to fixed. And this does not happen often.

Please advise

Regards

Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello rao,

pls check the customizing settings in Sourcing > Define Sourcing for Product Categories. if it's set to "Sourcing carried out for items without assigned source of supply", then once the shopping cart with a preferred vendor gets ordered, the system will automatically create PO from that shopping cart.

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rao,

Can you share the entries under the following node from your system?

SPROSRM ServerSourcing--Define sourcing for product categories?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks KL, but when "Sourcing is carried out for items without a source of supply" is set, shouldnt it appear in sourcing cockpit ?

In my case it does not. above sourcing option is set and only preferred vendor is provided and there is no contract for the item. So, for my case it should have ended up in Sourcing cockpit, but it automatically created the PO.

Regards

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Do you have badi BBP_SRC_DETERMINE active? This should overwrite the SPRO settings.

Also, go to SPRO -> "Define Sourcing for Product Categories", and check if you have maintained an entry for a product category as '*'.

According the documentation available in SPRO:

You can specify the product category generically by entering *. In this case, the source system field also remains blank because no unique assignment is possible.

Therefore, if you have '*' maintained for categories in this customizing, system should be blank.

Regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

the preferred vendor maintained is treated as a source of supply. below is the IMG documentation for Sourcing is carried out for items without a source of supply setting

SAP Enterprise Buyer transfers all requirements that have multiple sources of supply, of which none are assigned, to the purchaser's sourcing application. Once you have selected a source of supply in the shopping cart, the item does not go to the sourcing application and a PO is created.

as suggested by Ricardo, you may implement BBP_SRC_DETERMINE BAdI to overwrite this, i.e. Sourcing will not be carried out only when a contract is assigned to a shopping cart item.

regards.