cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA setup for Portal (Java stack)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We have configured EWA for Portal in SOlution manager 7.0 (Ehp1 SPS 25) and the alert is being generated successfully for portal but the alert is not being sent to SAP whereas this is happening for ABAP stack and ABAP+Java stack.

Please can you help me with the config? I have checked note 976054 but of no use.

For your info we have Wily 8.0 and SMD 7.3 installed for the satellite systems.

Thanks

Rajat Sarkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Paul. That was really helpful.

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please run transaction code solman_ewa_admin.

Look under the column Send EWA Data to SAP ( or in newr versions "Send Warnings to SAP" and "Send to EWA")

You will notice these are the possibilities.

You may only send for product system types Production and Test (QAS)

You will see for these system types it is possible to check for technical system types ABAP, ABAP + JAVA, but not Java.

There will be no check box, the field will be blue with no check box.The reason is only ABAP data can be sent to SAP.

In the case of dual stack systems, it is selectable, but does not send the Java data to SAP, only the ABAP data.

Currently it is not possible to send all data sources for Java stack to SAP, and this is why the option is NOT available.

This is further supported by referencing SAP Note 207223.

This is the note that tells you how to set up the managed system to send the data to SAP to be processed into an EWA report that is delivered to the S-user's inbox on Service Marketplace.

If you read the note, you will find this is only possible for ABAP systems.

What you are trying to do is not possible. I think I have provided you enough evidence that this is not possible, as the EWA Administration (solman_ewa_admin) does not allow you to make this selection for Java only systems.

The confusion arises because an assumption is made that because you can check Java+ABAP, that it should be possible to send Java. But you really just send the ABAP data with dual stack systems. But it is certainly clear from the administration screen, you cannot send Java only data to SAP, as the check box will not be available. This is by design.

If you have Solution Manager in your system landscape, then you have the ability to generate EWA reports for Dual stack systems.

Regards,

Paul

Paul

guilherme_balbinot
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you see data in the EWA for this system?