cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to logIN with client 800 on SAP ECC 6.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ALL

This is ALE I m new here in this forum and also new for SAP I m learning BASIS but have very good experience in system Admin on Windows Linux and AS400 and Network Admin on Cisco Paltforms

My hearties wishes to every one all of those Who are helping others and even those who r seeking helps and guidance from these Senior and experience members

Once Again KUDOS to all

My issue is I have done a fresh SAP ECC IDES 6.0 Installation using ORACLE 10g database

Installation is success full (even checked using T-code "SM28" and says no Errors reported)

I am able to log in using User "ddic" and Master Password given at the time of installation

on System clients "ooo" and "001" but I am not able to log in on "800" using same account ddic and same Mater password

IT gives me wrong user ID or Password

I Even tried to log in using User SAP* on all the three clients but not able to log in

IF someone can help me and to guide me how enable this SAP* using or adding or amending the parameter 'login/no_automatic_user_sapstar' = '0' Zero

Also I have created some users for learning and testing propose but I have give SAP_ALL authorization in the profile but What I have understood is giving SAP_ALL making the user super User (plz correct me if I am wrong)

So What profile WE must select so that a normal user who can be able to use most of the task and learn the ABAP or other features configured

And What profile does this user has to be in because the faculty from whom I am learning BASIS told me it has to be in client "800" if this is correct then how can I copy a user from one client to another client

Please help preferably in step manners as I am bit newbie also I apologize if some thing wrongly mentioned or mentioned without prior search work

Have great Day and Thanks to all

ALE

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

"IF someone can help me and to guide me how enable this SAP* using or adding or amending the parameter 'login/no_automatic_user_sapstar' = '0' Zero"

- Please set the parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar = 0 in Default profile and restart instance to activate SAP* with password PASS. If same parameter exists in Instance profile, please change there also before restart.

As soon as you login with SAP*, please reset the password of DDIC in client 800.

"Also I have created some users for learning and testing propose but I have give SAP_ALL authorization in the profile but What I have understood is giving SAP_ALL making the user super User (plz correct me if I am wrong)

So What profile WE must select so that a normal user who can be able to use most of the task and learn the ABAP or other features configured"

- You can assign SAP_NEW and SAP_CUST or equivalent customized profiles/roles to users for learning and testing propose.

"And What profile does this user has to be in because the faculty from whom I am learning BASIS told me it has to be in client "800" if this is correct then how can I copy a user from one client to another client"

- You can copy entire user master (profile SAP_USER) from one client to other using local client copy (SCCL).

Hope you are answered.

Thanks,

Siva Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Siva Kumar

Thanks for your solutions and answers

Sorry for the delay as was out of town on different project and due to very limited internet access didn't had time

Advance merry Christmas and Happy New Year to U and all other fellow members

aalamp

Answers (0)