cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on BOM Component Demands in Multiples

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a question on component quantities in a BOM. Can a BOM calculate the demand and then round up to the nearest multiple of a predetermined amount for an individual component?

Example :

*Parent A - Qty 1_*_

Component B - qty 1

Component C u2013 qty 2

Component D u2013 qty 4

If I have an order for 10 Au2019s and component D comes in multiples of 12, but is setup as each, can the BOM produce a requirement for 48 instead of 40? If so, would this be setup in the BOM or Material Master for the component? Also parent A has fluctuating demand and component D is used in multiple parent items.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member197994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear OCD,

I guess object dependency can help, please go to an ERP forum for more helps. Best regards/Tiemin

Former Member
0 Kudos

OCD

Component quantities in a BOM should be based on actual usage quantity per parent (including scrap/ yield adjustments). Demand modifiers such as Order Minimums and Order Multipliers are independent of the BOM and depend on the component material master.

It is the job of the planning engine (MRP/ SNP/ etc) to explode the BOM to find actual component requirements and then adjust it based on order minimums/ multipliers.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I have the material master set to round up the PO quantity for the item but in our manufacturing process the additional 8, in this example, are scrapped to the order. We see this in the material usage variance but that is after the fact. I am looking for a way to round up each demand for the component so the buyers see a true demand and not just the required demand. I know itu2019s a matter of time before we have a shortage for a component because of this issue.