Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Scatter with time values on Y-axis

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have to create a time scatter with time values on the Y-axis. Everything works fine except the Y-axis description. Instead of showing a date in a real date format e.g. 2011-11-01, 2011-11-15, 2012-12-01... it is displayed as 20111100, 20111150, 20111200, 20111250.

Is there any possiblitiy to tell the Y-axis that values are dates? The value is defined as type D.

Again, the time axis (X-axis) is fine, the Y-axis is the problem.

Thanks and best regards,

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you may try converting date into user format and instead of type D use char 10.

Thanks,

Chandra

Edited by: Chandrashekhar Mahajan on Nov 9, 2011 8:45 PM

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I tried it with CHAR10 but the result was the same. And when I use the date formatting like | { lv_date date = user } | it creates a dump telling me that the formatted date can't be interpreted as numeric value.

So far I also haven't seen any posibility to solve my problem neither with a regular scatter nor with an XML created with the Chart Designer.

Any other ideas?

Thank you, Andreas

ChandraMahajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is some information from SAP Help,

Special Features

You can create a time scatter chart with date or time values.

You can set up to three different time axes; for example, one for years, one for quarters, and one for months. To do this, choose Time Axis ® Line ® Line Type1 to Line Type3.

You can use Line Format1 to Line Format3 to specify the format in which the time specifications are to be displayed. You can use the properties Line Step1 to Line Step3 to set the intervals between time units. The following abbreviations are used for the time specifications:

D = day, M = month, Y = year, W = week, Q = quarter, h = hour, m = minute, s = second.

Please refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/5d/be663bddb39456e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Not sure if this will help you but have a look into this help.

Thanks,

Chandra

Edited by: Chandrashekhar Mahajan on Nov 10, 2011 1:24 PM

andreas_gall2
Participant
0 Kudos

That is not excactly I wanted to have. The help is about how to customize your time axis (X-axis).I need to have dates on the Y-axis as well. Don't understand me wrong, the chart actually works. But the dates shown along the Y-axis are messed up because values on the Y-axis are always interpreted as normal numeric values and not as dates.

Best reagard, Andreas

Answers (0)