Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allowed variables in SAP GRC RAR messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm using SAP GRC AC 5.3.

In RAR, I want to configure message 0269 in cc_messages.txt file in order to change text including the description of the mitigation control.

Does anybody knows what's is this variable name ? Or even, where can I find a list of allowed variables for insertion in messages ?

Thanks,

Roque.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roquevalder,

I understand your question now. I see the message you are talking about:

VIRSA_CC_MSG 0269 EN error The mitigating control was updated by #_!USERID#_! on #_!DATE#_! at #_!TIME#_!. This email serves a notification that you have been #_!STATUSCHANGED#_! as the monitor for : #_!LINESEP#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!CONTROLIDTEXT#_! #_!CONTROLID#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!HROBJTYPELINE#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!OBJECTTYPE#_! #_!OBJECTID#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!ORGRULELINE#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!RISKIDTEXT#_! #_!RISKID#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!MONTEXT#_! #_!MONITOR#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!VALIDFROMTEXT#_! #_!VALIDFROM#_! #_!VALIDTOTEXT#_! #_!VALIDTO#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!LINESEP#_! #_!STATUSTEXT#_! #_!STATUS#_!

But at the end of the file you have something like this:

D VIRSA_CC_MSGPRMS 0269 EN CONTROLIDTEXT CONTROLIDTEXT

D VIRSA_CC_MSGPRMS 0269 EN CONTROLID CONTROLID

D VIRSA_CC_MSGPRMS 0269 EN HROBJTYPELINE HROBJTYPELINE

D VIRSA_CC_MSGPRMS 0269 EN ORGRULELINE ORGRULELINE

D VIRSA_CC_MSGPRMS 0269 EN RISKIDTEXT RISKIDTEXT

I guess if you want to add a value in the message you have also to define it at the tail of the file.

My advice is to open a OSS message to ask for this functionality. You shouldn´t change it manually. Take into account that this file must be uploaded each time you update your GRC java components. So, if you make a custom change, you have to repeat that change every time you update. So I think you should ask SAP for this. They will probably include this field in next patches.

Regards,

Diego.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I think that if you want to change a mitigation control description you should do it via RAR -> mitigation-> mitigating controls

then you search for the corresponding mitigation control and change the description as you want.

Regards,

Diego.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Diego,

Thanks for your attention in replying.

Actually I don't want to change the mitigation control description. Instead, when a mitigation control is created/changed, a notification message is sent to it's monitor.

The message text is taken from cc_messages.txt file, message code 0269, including some strings and some variables.

What I need to know is what's the variable name I should include in message 0269 in order to get the mitigation control description (wich is being created/modified) shown in this message.

Regards,

Roque.