Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict the Copying/printing of the file from document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Case:

1. I have a document number it has three files in it.I want to locked the files from priniting and copying but not from opening/displaying.

2. I am using content server for storing the DMS documents.How to restrict the number of attachments that can be uploaed in one document number?

3.How to restrict the maximum size that can be uploaded against one document number?

Sandip

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

Thanks for the reply..

Is it possible to locked from Copying/printing of the file from document w r to document status/ particular users?

Sandip

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to locked from Copying/printing of the file from document w r to document status/ particular users?

Answer is No.

Hope this answers your query.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandip,

1. I have a document number it has three files in it.I want to locked the files from priniting and copying but not from opening/displaying.

In DC30 transaction,in Workstation application for network,disable the print option.Will ensure users will not be able to print the originals.

2. I am using content server for storing the DMS documents.How to restrict the number of attachments that can be uploaed in one document number?

See if your ABAPer can use the BADI 'DOCUMENT_MAIN01' with method 'BEFORE_SAVE' to handle this check.

3.How to restrict the maximum size that can be uploaded against one document number?

Believe you are using kPro as a storage option.If this is the case,then there is no setting available to limit the file size for upload.See if your Basis guy can set an upper limit for file size in IIS setting for your content server.

If you are using SAP DB as a storage option(not recommended though),then use the field File Size in DC10 transaction,Define Document Types to effect a file size limit.

P.S. Would appreciate incase you could close the threads which have been answered satisfactorily.

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar