cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC adapter error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Here my scenario is RFC to SOAP synchronous. Here I am getting below error in sender RFC adapter

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException: call to messaging system failed: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

I had gone through many threads in SDN but no clues. Please help me to fix this issue.

Thank you

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The error shows that target system which host webservice is expecting the user credentials (user/password). So you get 401 unauthorized error. You need to pass user credentials.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I sent the SOAP request with XML spy without any user authentication. i am able to get the respoce... same thing i did in SAP PI but i am getting the error

Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.af.lib.mp.module.ModuleException: call to messaging system failed: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

Thank you

Srinivas

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

XMLSpy has the particularity to cache the user and password the first time you execute it. please, close the XMLSpy, open it again and test the service, remember you has to test no the PI URL but the real service.

i read your fierst message again and as you posted seams the user that has an error is the RFC user, no the service. please check whether the user is not locked or if the password if rigth defined in the sender channel.

can you see the inbpund message in the sxi_monitor, iam a little dizzy because your first port is confused. please clarify this doubt to know how to help you

Rgds

RP

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Nov 9, 2011 1:33 PM

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At what pipeline steps your message stops and throwing this error. IF the message exception during call adapter then sure your target system looks for credentials. Are you using https or http communication?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gopal,

I am using Http only.

Here i am sending Moni error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!-- Inbound Message

-->

- <SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

This error cause Calling the AF may result in HTTP 401 during high load.

Increase Poolmaxsize and Poolmaxwait parameters until problem disappears.

Ask your basis to do this.

You need to logon J2EE visual Admin.

There you have to found these parameters.

default values is Poolmaxsize =10

Poolmaxwait =30 sec.

You need to increase Like Poolmaxsize =50

Poolmaxwait =60000 sec.

also see these threads that faced your same error:

Rgds

RP-.

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Nov 9, 2011 1:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for this interface no authrization is required.. i sent message with XMLSPY without any user authentication in this case i am getting the proper responce.. whenever i am trying to send with PI. i am getting below error in RFC sender adapter

In SOAP receiver adapter i am getting below error:

Message processing failed. Cause: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

former_member207622
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the service users piafuser, piappluser whether they are locked or proper password is mainatained for them

Also log in to J2EE engine and check for wsuser and password

this seems to be an authorization issue , search on SDN you will find something relevant

thanks

Ninad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

I am getting the error in SOAP call. but i tried with XMLSPY without any credentials, it works fine.

Adapter Framework caught exception: java.io.IOException: invalid content type for SOAP: TEXT/HTML; HTTP 401 Unauthorized

Thak you

Srinivas

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

XMLSpy has the particularity to cache the user and password the first time you execute it. please, close the XMLSpy, open it again and test the service, remember you has to test no the PI URL but the real service.

also I am sure of PI is requesting for credentials you have 2 main possibilities: bad URL defined in receiver CC or acredential is required.

1- please try testing your scenario not with XMLspy, because it has the particularity to cache the user and password the first you execute it.

2- try accessing to the ?WSLD via web browser and check if any credential is required. to do that make sure you close previously all explorer windows.

3- Also, which URL are you calling: PI service or real service?

in case of testing with real wsdl URL could you replicate this URL in the communication channel in PI, and test your scenario Again.

Rgds

RP

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Check the credentials that you are passing in your SOAP Receiver Adapter. If you are using dynamic config for URL, you also need to use dynamic config for username password via TAuthKey (Authorization Keys).

Hope this helps,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark Dihiansan,

In SOAP receiver i am not using any user authentication.

Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

please do this

put the URL in your browser and try access. if its OK.

i want you to

a) Load WSDL in soap ui

b) fillup user and password

c) target url

d) test it

if you get response fine, then copy the url used in soap ui and paste it in the soap receiver cc. also use the same user and password.

Rgds

RP

Edited by: Rodrigo Alejandro Pertierra on Nov 9, 2011 12:25 PM