Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data archiving with External Storage

Clucking
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have set up data archiving for object MM_EKKO using external storage. External storage is just a server running SAP Content Server software.

The problem is that when executing the storage after deletion I am told in the job log that "File name E:\SAP\ContRep\Z5 is unknown" and then "File storage: Archive file is not checked in storage system". Nevertheless the archive file is deleted from the folder where it was stored after the write- and delete phase and it is checked in on the content server.

But after this I'm not able to access the business data from the ERP system (trx. ME23N) as when it was on the file server.

Only after running "Retrieve files" in the storage menu i'm able to see the documents again - because a file with the data is then again on the file server.

Could have something to do with the content repository - settings and dll files. I have copied from a content repository used for normal archive link (storage of invoice images) but maybe something more than changing document area from Archive Link to Data Archiving should be done?

Thanks,

Claus.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe OSS Note 35992 - File name/directory for application archiving

can help by finding the root cause for the error in your system

Clucking
Participant
0 Kudos

Jürgen - your answer was very helpful and I'm sure I'm now in the right direction!

However I still have an issue:

When the write job is finished and before deleting and storage, the archive file is not accessible - and then I am not able to continue with deletion and storage.

An example:

Filename: RMM_EKKO11180104855_CLL

Logical path: ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH_WITH_ARCHIVE_LINK

Physical file name: E:SAPContRepZ5RMM_EKKO11180104855_CLL

E:SAPContRepZ5 is the root of the content repository and should according to the documentation contain the file during the delete phase and until final storage in the repository. But there is no file there.

In the log of the write job there are the following entries:

Job started

Step 001 started (program RM06EW70, variant Z_DEMO_7, user ID CLL)

Reading purchasing documents

Archiving session 000913 is being created

Path:

Name for new archive file: RMM_EKKO11180104855_CLL

1 of 1 purchasing documents processed

Job finished

I am a little concern about that no path is written to the job log - could maybe mean something.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Claus.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in SARA, enter MM_EKKO, then click customizing button.

then execute Cross-Client File Names/Paths

select the ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH_WITH_ARCHIVE_LINK

double click Assignment of Physical Paths to Logical Path

tell me under which syntax group you maintained the Physical Path

and how exactly is it defined there.?

Clucking
Participant
0 Kudos

Currently I'm running the SAP standard setup, where physical path for all three syntax groups (win, unix and AS400) is:

<F=ARCHIVELINK><FILENAME>.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the varaible F=ARCHIVELINK means that you have a function module named FILENAME_EXIT_ARCHIVELINK

to built the content of this variable.

maybe you should just replace this <F=ARCHIVELINK><FILENAME> with E:\SAP\ContRep\Z5\<FILENAME>.

Clucking
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again Jürgen.

I have exchanged the <F=ARCHIVELINK> part with a archive directory on the SAP ERP server and then it is working - and I can see the purchase order in ME23N also after storage and after the archive file is removed from the archive directory on the SAP server during storage.

Strange that <F=ARCHIVELINK> is not working - but know I at least have a solution

sibysyriac
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (0)