cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDB backup problem: SAP[SID] password unknown. How to get it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to do Database specific copy from a MaxDB 7.7. When I try to login to SAPNSP Schema I can acces only like SQL, not like DBM. I need to access like DBM to make backup tasks of ABAP schema in database.

How can I change SAPNSP dbm password?

Is this the installation password? (I forget it).

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login to maxDB database using DBMgui and control user.

In configurations tab, select change dba users.

Here you can change the password for SAP<SID> user.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your fast answer.

I can't access DBMGUI because MaxDB version 7.7 only can be maintained with Database Studio. Anyway, I changed the password using XUSER but I only can access in SQL mode, not in DBM.

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have a look into the below link. The process of changing schema user password is same as you do it using DMBgui.

It has relevant screeshots for your reference.

http://www.datadisk.co.uk/html_docs/maxdb/overview.htm

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry but I can't find SAP(SID) password change procedure on your link.

Can you explain me how to do it?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sergio.

Edited by: Sergio Villar on Nov 9, 2011 12:35 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I can't access DBMGUI because MaxDB version 7.7 only can be maintained with Database Studio.

This is not true:

Note 386714 - SQL Studio and Database Manager GUI installation

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is DBMGUI doesn't exist on my system. When I installed MaxDB 7.7 DBMGUI didn't came with it. I only have Database Studio available.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The problem is DBMGUI doesn't exist on my system. When I installed MaxDB 7.7 DBMGUI didn't came with it.

Yes - it's available as a separate download (see note).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

I has changed SAPNSP password and I could make database backup logged as SAPNSP. But this doesn't help to solve de problem. The password I need to reset is the ABAP schema one. This is the password that I need in order to install SAP system with database's homogeneous copy.

I don't remember this password.

Can you help me on that?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Sergio

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that new question is different than original one. I'm going to open other question thread.

Thank you for your anwsers.

Regards,

Sergio.

marie_renneke
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sergio,

I know this discussion is pretty old but I'm looking for a possibility to change the password of the schema user SAP<SID> and understood that you've done that - my question is: how have you done it?

My problem is that I can't use DBM GUI for a 7.9 DB version and DB Studio obviously doesn't have that function ...

Thanks & Cheers

Marie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marie,

I'm sorry but I can`t remember how I had recovered SAP<SID> password. I did it three years ago and now I don´t maintain the same system becacuse, due to my work, now I'm using SAP Business One instead SAP Netweaver.

Kind regards.

Sergio.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is terrible.

I have the same issue.

I can't belief Maxdb is the only database with so little information on how to change the password of the database user.  You would think a user as important as the database user, the one user SAP uses to connect to the database with, would have some note on how to change the password in the database studio.